Why are government employees strapped for cash getting free food so easily while the poor and homeless have to fight for it?

Seriously these are people with savings accounts probably a 401 k or other retirement account and get a huge pension when they retire and they sit on their ass all day they have it easy enough so now they have a tough time and people come to their rescue? Yet people who want food stamps or welfare have to do a work activity to get either unless they are disabled how about these goverment employees be required to do a work activity if they want free stuff?

426

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, it is just that there are poor people who could work, but aren't. I mean no matter what some folks say, those folks are out there.

Government employees are not lazy. They did not make bad choices. They played by the rules and are now out of work. Some have to work even when they are not getting paid. I donated to the gofundme.

I hope more people do also.

Though I have to admit, when it was evident that Trump was going to win, I would have found another job, then and there. He already said that perhaps a government shutdown was a good thing during his campaign. He made government workers out to be the "enemy". So there simply isn't any compassion for them now. I am not sure why you think they are getting food easily.

• Because someone is living in a box right now who isn't

• Again, try to find compassion for those people here at GaG. Try creating a poll about the homeless in America. I am betting you will find people with a negative view by at least 2 to 1. Americans in general do not care about the homeless, especially those at GaG.

• ... What are you talking about? Do you not know how a 401K works? Do you not know how retirement accounts work? If you get money twenty years from now when you retire, how the hell does that help you NOW when you need to eat and pay your mortgage? Are you an idiot?

• You are an idiot moron you can take money out of your 401 k early or did you not know that jackass? My point is they are luckier than most Americans yet they cry like little babies that their lavish lifestyle is on hold for a short time meanwhile we got people living in boxes where is their food?

• @MrKinktastic I don't think they deserve it I am just saying the point of my post is that if someone needs food stamps and are starving they have to go through more BS to get it than you would imagine and have to go back 3 times and wait all day to see someone so they are discouraged but these goverment employees have a setback and they are given free food meanwhile some homeless and poor people are starving without help

• Then yes I totally agree, its embarassing enough to have to go ask for help to feed your family without having to go back repeatedly and deal with someone who doesn't really know what they are doing. It would certainly piss me off if I was in their shoes too. I also think that more should be done to make sure no one is going without food who isn't choosing to, Ie having foodbanks and other centers (or better yet a more automated system that automatically refills your food card as long as you remain eligible) set up that are adequate for the amount of people who may need it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can access your retirement fund unless you're retired first of all.. and where are you that makes homeless people do work acitivies for foodstamps? When I'm from if you put that you're homeless you get foodstamps and three months general relief almost instantly..

• My mom took out 20 grand 5 years straight before she retired so you are wrong about that. What do you mean where am I? It is federal law now that to get food stamps or welfare you have to do a work activity it is everywhere not just here.

• an hour ago though lol

• Lol you don't know how 401k works apparently princess, you can borrow against it and withdraw it at any time If you're willing to pay the penalties.. please do some research.