What do you guys think of this double standard?

A while ago this really popular prank and social experiment youtuber (Coby Persin) published a social experiment of a 12 year old girl getting married to a male senior citizen:

Obviously, everyone reacted very negatively to it. Threats to call the cops, speaking up, confronting, assaulting the old man, exc.…

Then he did another vid with the contrary: a twelve year old boy and an older woman. And no one gave a shit. No reaction, only positive to it, really from men. Only one woman reacted very negatively.

Do you guys think that a child marriage involved a non consenting boy is as bad as when it's a little girl? Or less bad? Not bad at all? Worse?

I pers think this double standard is disgusting to say the least. It's accepting pedophilia…if it's a kid and a woman….

316

Most Helpful Guys

• I 100% agree with you, it's really fucked up either way.

Kids do have to obey their parents until they turn 18, but the fact that parents could give permission to an older person to marry their child just fucks my head. No one should be forced into marriage, those kids did not look the least bit happy about it at all, and yes it'd be the end of their childhood should that happen.

And between the two videos, the people are hypocrites, I never understood the double standard thing til now, not cool.

• Kids do have to obey their parents until they turn 18

Why? Why should kids obey anyone? Just curious how you justify it. Because it sounds to me like you did not actually get the point of the video - that children are not their property of their parents.

• If YOU did not get it, you are retarded. I got the point, and extended it. But what do I expect from someone who does not believe in basic universal human rights for children?

• Do you even have kids?

• I think you are right they react different when the man is the offender he is somehow worse for doing the exact same thing but you know if Donald Trump said he disagreed with either scenario the Democrats would immediately say they support child brides because he doesn't

• I don't think they'd support child brides though, that's to extreme. But other shit yea, corruption.

• It already is part of LGBT they are accepting them because Democrats want votes they don't care what anyone does and how disgusting it is they are advocates for anyone who can get them voted in

• really, what…?

Most Helpful Girl

• The most disturbing thing is that guys were happy for him, some of those who said something against it were women... yet guys still complain about women being interested about equality when it benefits them.