What do you guys think of this double standard?

A while ago this really popular prank and social experiment youtuber (Coby Persin) published a social experiment of a 12 year old girl getting married to a male senior citizen:

Obviously, everyone reacted very negatively to it. Threats to call the cops, speaking up, confronting, assaulting the old man, exc.…

Then he did another vid with the contrary: a twelve year old boy and an older woman. And no one gave a shit. No reaction, only positive to it, really from men. Only one woman reacted very negatively.

Do you guys think that a child marriage involved a non consenting boy is as bad as when it's a little girl? Or less bad? Not bad at all? Worse?

I pers think this double standard is disgusting to say the least. It's accepting pedophilia…if it's a kid and a woman….

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I 100% agree with you, it's really fucked up either way.

Kids do have to obey their parents until they turn 18, but the fact that parents could give permission to an older person to marry their child just fucks my head. No one should be forced into marriage, those kids did not look the least bit happy about it at all, and yes it'd be the end of their childhood should that happen.

And between the two videos, the people are hypocrites, I never understood the double standard thing til now, not cool.

1|0
    0|1
    • Kids do have to obey their parents until they turn 18

Why? Why should kids obey anyone? Just curious how you justify it. Because it sounds to me like you did not actually get the point of the video - that children are not their property of their parents.

• Show All
    • If YOU did not get it, you are retarded. I got the point, and extended it. But what do I expect from someone who does not believe in basic universal human rights for children?

• Do you even have kids?

• I think you are right they react different when the man is the offender he is somehow worse for doing the exact same thing but you know if Donald Trump said he disagreed with either scenario the Democrats would immediately say they support child brides because he doesn't

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't think they'd support child brides though, that's to extreme. But other shit yea, corruption.

• Show All
    • It already is part of LGBT they are accepting them because Democrats want votes they don't care what anyone does and how disgusting it is they are advocates for anyone who can get them voted in

• really, what…?

Most Helpful Girl

• The most disturbing thing is that guys were happy for him, some of those who said something against it were women... yet guys still complain about women being interested about equality when it benefits them.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't think there's much outrageous about this:

A young boy can divorce the wife and get lots of money he could never get that easily otherwise. It won't put a permanent stain on his future, in regards to what mates he can get later on, because women do not see it as a negative thing that a guy has nailed other women.

A young girl can do the same in terms of divorce, but assuming she's made pregnant that really puts a permanent marker on her that she's taken, which isn't going to be easy to disassociate from in the future. Those children will stick with her for the rest of her life, while the same obligation won't be intrinsic to a young boy. (This is partly because of how our legal systems work, but also female hormons)

Inherently, young boys don't really add much to the table in a marriage, while young girls add their fertility, which is why they're infinitely more valued for their youth in every culture, ever. Which is also why - as duly noted - many men are in fact cheerful for him because as I just delineated, the young boy technically wins from the transaction that is this marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • I bet the feminists have nothing to say about this despite believing in equality or so they say. Anyway in Britain if a women has sex with a boy this young he is seen as lucky and the women gets away with it but if a man has sex with a girl one day under 16 he is branded a paedophile and locked up in prison.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's not just "bad", it's textbook sexism. It suggests that, at any age, a male is more capable of looking out for his own best-interest than a female of the same age.

1|1
    0|0
  • Remember when Justin Bieber started? He had 40yo women hysterically screaming at his concerts. No one cared.

Imagine if it was 40yo buys screaming at a 14yo girl concert.

1|1
    0|0
  • Fucking gross. Younger people should be protected by elders not taken advantage of.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is disturbing that girls are protected in such a way while boys are not afforded the same...

1|1
    0|0
  • I remember this. It's ridiculous how stupid most people are. Strong double standard. Just don't get involved and stay out of trouble.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why I stopped giving a shit about these things

It’s wrong when men do it but when women it’s “free sex

1|0
    0|0
  • It's easy for people to say it's wrong both ways but they still don't take action if it's a girl.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's wrong. Were this to actually happen (as opposed to a stunt for youtube), the woman should receive double the sentence a man would get.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. People are more sympathetic towards females, that's just how this go in western civilization.

1|0
    0|0
  • In both cases, it's just wrong. Women have it easier in many things socially speaking.

1|1
    0|0
  • Disgusting. Society needs to change.

1|1
    0|0
  • Most people don't' give a shit about guys.

It's this attitude that facilitates the idea that men are privileged and women are disadvantaged because we're very comfortable casting males villains, as toxic and sources of great harm. We love the *idea* that females are perpetually victimized because it means they can do no wrong, that they are morally pristine and wouldn't hurt a soul. We (men and women) want to believe this because we like females more than males, generally speaking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think is absolutely absurd. Both the kids are the same age it shouldn’t matter if there a boy or a girl

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think there can be double standards between men and women since we aren't the same.
    You don't hold a dog and a wolf to the same standards, do you?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes