What do you all think about this? can we be racist to whites people and are white people privileged?

So first I’m going to say I’m not racist I just saw this video and it was interesting. Also I’ve never really seen black people or Hispanic be racist towards anyone. Why is that? I’ve seen white people and Asian people judge people based on colour. I’ve had mangers come up to and my boss come up to me crying saying they are sorry for judging me based on my colour and that I’m a nice and amazing person. And that they feel bad for me having to go through everyday life like this.
So why is no one racist to white people yet they have so much hate groups kkk and nazis? Yet we were the slaves but people are racist against us how does that make sense?

https://youtu.be/4vBe_OeEbH8
  • Yes white people have privilege
  • No they don’t
  • Maybe a bit
    Vote C
Okay so a lot of people misconstrued what I said. I’m saying that black people and Mexican people face racism more on a daily basis. Me just going outside being a black man I’m getting judged. I can’t walk into a store without being watched , I get pulled over almost everyday on my way home from work just for being black. So don’t sit there and tell me white people face more or the same amount of racism as we do. You do not get judged by how you look , you get judged by the person you are.
Since people still don’t believe it maybe this will change your mind.
https://youtu.be/aQK8H0z-irM

1014

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes!
    I used to think that's not true but I realized it's true that we have some sort of privilege.
    The reason why most white people are unaware of this it's because they only perceive things from their own point of view.
    Of course things are going to look normal from your point of view.
    But when you try even for a minute to put yourself in a black person's shoes for example you will notice a few things that are unusual.
    Actually it's more like this: Yes, you have no real privilege, but to others who are disadvantaged every single day you are a privileged one.
    Your white privilege doesn't mean you get free stuff for being white. That's what most fail to understand.
    Your privilege means you get treated as you should, while others may face some disadvantaged because they don't look like you.
    That's what white privilege really means. It's not about handouts, money, free stuff, etc. It's about the way other people look at you, talk to you, judge you, etc.
    ~ "I'm a man on a mission; stay out of my way."

• Exactly spot on ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿that’s what I’m trying to say but then they bring up affirmative action and shit but don’t get what they have

• I don't blame them though. It took me a long time to understand that.
      To a normal human beings privilege means something you get for free, handouts. When you hear privilege you think of something that you can achieve w/o hard work.
      Well in this specific situation the privilege doesn't necessarily mean you get something. It's more about others not getting what they deserve because they are not like you.
      Your privilege doesn't influence your life in any positive way, but your privilege influence other people life (black&brown people) in a negative way.
      It's not your fault, but it's the obvious existence of your privilege.
      No one is saying: white people, you are bad because you have privilege! NO!
      But the most normal, healthy and brave thing to do is:
      1. ADMIT IT! make sure that others are aware of that
      2. FIGHT FOR EQUALITY!
      And when I say fight for equality I don't mean to start riots or do crazy stuff. NO!
      Just make sure that you make as many people understand their privilege and fight against the corrupt system. That's the right thing to do!

• Trust me bro

• White people are generally not over-privileged, but black people are generally under-privileged. By that I mean white people possess no excessive privilege to forfeit, but many black people still suffer under the remnants of institutional racial discrimination from the past (that no longer exists today).

Income inequality is the only discrepancy between black and white populations in the U. S., and it can be attributed in full to a combination of black individuals being stranded in geographic locations with high crime, poor education, and a shortage of jobs, due to past housing discrimination, and rates of single motherhood among black families.

Most Helpful Girls

• Why is it so hard for people to admit they have privilege---and I mean anybody? This type of privilege has nothing to do with working hard, or how long you've suffered because of your background---which gets people all hot and bothered. It's not about that. I can look around my life and see advantage given to me in a lot of areas simply for being me and not my skill, talent, or intellect, or any type of work I've done. I think there are a lot of delusional people walking around that think that EVERYTHING they've ever gotten in their life is ONLY ever because it's something they worked for. There are times in life where you're picked, selected, vetted, let go because of something arbitrary and it's an assumption by people that it must always be because one worked hard to get it that they got it and a failure to even entertain the idea that that person who put you in place a,or hired you, or let you out of ticket did so simply because you are you--something they wouldn't have done for someone else.

• Thank youuuuuuu holy fuck why can’t people see that?

• They clearly don't want to see it. They just picture some rich person in an ivory tower looking down on everyone rather than that they could ever possibly have any advantage over others for other reasons. Privileged in any situation basically just means that you are given the advantage over others simply because you exist. Being able to attend school in a foreign country...because you're a boy and not a girl. Getting into college because you're a legacy. Getting more dates because you're far more attractive than others. I mean, you really have to break it down for some people to get a clue and even then they're convinced they've gotten nothing handed to them. Like come on!

• My skin is white. I had the privilage of growing up with a severe mental disorder that has completely ruined my life. i had the privilage of being sectioned to a mental hospital. and apparently I have the privilage of being told what a racist piece of shit I am just bcs my skin is white

• Yes, I think white privilege exists, and there are racists (extreme and not) in every race.

I think we were doing good for a little while but then the political climate changed and became more charged against inclusivity.

I live in New Orleans where the minorities far outnumber the whites, and I've been called a good number of racist slurs. there's even a whole religion that based on Africans being the true chosen children of God and whites are the Devil's children. That's why the sun burns us apparently.

I've had people refuse to talk to me because I'm white, but they will gladly talk to my boyfriend because he's mixed and all they can see is that he's not all white.

It's pretty fucking ridiculous to me but I've seen racism and discrimination of just about anyone you can think of (white people included) with my own two eyes.

• That’s ridiculous and yes there are racist in every race. But white people dont get victimized and shot by the cops because of your skin colour

• Yeah lol it is what it is. I take things like that with a grain of salt because I know people go through worse, and they go through it daily. I get weird looks sometimes when i'm on a date (often from older white or black people) with my boyfriend but when i'm just by myself I don't have any problems.

This website in particular has actually taught me a few new words lol. Angry people have a broad vocabulary on here.

• Loool trust me and I know how you feel when I go out with my girlfriend I get the same looks from older people 😐