Which Republican could beat President Trump in a primary?

• Kasich
  • Romney
  • Hogan
    Vote C
  • Someone else
    Vote D
  • None- it’s the party of Trump now
    Vote E

231

Most Helpful Guys

• The GOP got where it is today from running neocon candidates, but fanning the flames of xenophobia, racial tensions, hypernationalism, militarism, proto-fascism, and so on. They did this so their politics could look respectable all-the-while their base could grow more toxic and more extreme and become a reliable failsafe. This is why they were blindsided by Trump in 2016. Of course they can't compete when someone shows up and just gives that base everything they want.

To these people, Marco Rubio, Lindsay Graham and Jeb Bush were like a bag of brick mids, while Trump was a potent hit of sweet, Colorado dabs.

Anybody who followed the TEA party saga from 2009-2015 should've seen this coming a mile away.

• Why would republilcans not back the incumbent who not only has done more then any republican before him (in recent memory), who has not only boosted the economy, reduced taxes, and stood up to bullying democrats (which no other conservative has done (except for maybe ted cruz), who has kept us out of wars (unlike the previous four) who also has a 52% approval rating? That would make absolutely no sense on their part.

• 3d

I like him but him and Obama both took credit for fixing the economy and neither of them really did sure they both created jobs but that didn't fix it for everyone and the tax thing didn't do that much for the working man

• 2d

Yea I can agree he deserves some but many middle class people cannot get by on what they are being paid and a lot of people are still broke

• 2d

@FrostyDaHoMan Well that's because the government still taxes them into oblivion (state taxes for instance are not subject to Trumps tax cuts so blue states are pretty much always going to be taxed into oblivion (like where I live in Illinois (where our governor is considering a tax on miles driven or something absurd like that), or California or new York, etc.). Also the less money you take from businesses the more they have to give to workers (I try to explain that to people, a business is not going to cut into their profits so you raise the minimum wage (which they are doing in Illinois and Chicago) that means the amount of money they are willing to spend on workers is going to be reduced not increased which is going to result in firings and fewer hours as well as people being less likely to actually get paid for working hard (its kind of like socialism honestly, because they are forced to pay extra they don't have money left over to pay for hard work thus resulting in hard working people not working as hard and thus being less likely to get promoted and things like that, it just kills upward mobility (I should know, I've had to deal with this my entire life)). So not saying everything is great, what I'm saying is if you have the government stop meddling all the time the economy will find its natural balance and things will be much better (the more we intervene the more problems we cause).

Most Helpful Girl

• currently none, just look at his numbers, love him or hate him, the media will make him win again