Guys are usually smarter than girls: change my mind?

I believe guys have both ends of the spectrum.

The smartest usually tend to be guys, and the dumbest of all human beings too. By that I do not mean all girls are dumb, I'm not even saying girls are dumb.

I'm not saying that girls can't be smarter than must men. Many girls can be smarter than 99% of men. Maybe the smartest person is a female, but I'm saying overall the smartest tend to be guys. Also the most stupid.

I mean no offense, trying to have a sane discussion with respect Guys are usually smarter than girls: change my mind?

64

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm not going to disagree with you, but I think that the way society has treated women in the past (things are getting a lot better now, and I dont feel like I'm a part of this population) could have limited their desire for basically using their brains.

From a young age (IN GENERAL), boys are encouraged to be doctors, lawyers, and other professions that require a level of intelligence. They're also given dump trucks, but not as a career option.

Girls are taught to be social and caring creatures, which requires a different kind if intelligence, but not the type of intelligence that's measured when you think of a smart person.

Again, it's different now. Children are being raised more equally nowadays, but I would say a majority of adult women experienced a gendered upbringing, and girls toys are just different. They dont encourage smarts.

I did A LOT of reading as a kid, and I didn't have any friends because all the girls wanted to paint nails and learn how to do makeup, and all the boys were busy playing with their robots.

Not sure how much sense this makes, I've never really pieced together an opinion on something lik this before but this is where my mind leads me.

• Love your answer, very likely will be MHO

• I don't think that there's something biological in a males that make them inherently smarter than women. A lot of them clearly are not smarter than the average woman

• Guys are more confident and more likely to be louder. I think that maybe the class will think the smartest person is a guy, but the teacher who knows the grades knows the smartest is a girl.

• the problem is the mere definition of intelligence... you dont really have that as really firm one
    there are talents like for music, painting etc.
    In my experience "the most intelligent" people are the ones that are average in EVERYTHING
    cause it often proved to me that someone that was extremely intelligent in one area was terrible in another
    Anyway, i wouldn't agree with you, i really think its about the individual more than gender... most men also tend to think they are more intelligent cause they are "rational" yet they dont get other types of intelligence like emotional one

Most Helpful Guys

• Studies show that there are more men than women outside of the middle of the bell curve. Meaning, there are more really stupid and very intelligent men out there than women.

• I used to think that, but lately I have been coming across some very logical and intelligent women, I r confuse now.