Is patriarchy just a feminist conspiracy theory?

The theory goes that there is an elite shadowy organization of men who seek to take away women's rights and enslave them in the household. A common theme for conspiracy theories is to revolve around shadowy elites. But the said elite is so secret it can never be found out about, but somehow the conspiracy theorists know how to combat this elite.
Updates:
As a modernist ideology feminism can never fully comprehend tradition, therefore all its claims based on traditional gender roles are invalid.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• That's actually a common misconception about what is meant by "the patriarchy."

When feminists discuss the patriarchy, they're talking about a system of society and government that is largely controlled by men, not a secret gathering of men who all agree on what should be done and how to maintain control, just the fact that it's mostly men in power.

This is verifiable fact. Men hold 76% of house seats and 76% of senate seats, the vast majority of both houses of congress. They also make up most hiring managers across most fields including STEM and government jobs.

The argument isn't that men secretly coordinate as one collective to control or exclude women in some shadowy organization. The argument is that the people who set the rules mostly happen to be men, and the rules they set tend to give advantages to men and disadvantages to women by virtue of implicit bias.

Often implicit bias is a factor during hiring decisions, giving out raises, and writing laws or setting policy. People don't have to be consciously racist or sexist to end up having racist or sexist impact. Most people generally try to be decent people, but our judgement is affected by the way we are socialized and raised.

That process of socialization is also set mostly by men. Despite most teachers and professional caregivers being female, curriculum and school financial and hiring decisions are mostly made by men, as well as school dress codes and other policies that affect students and children.

The argument is not that men are bad or evil, the argument is that our culture is built on a foundation of traditional values that have historically been discriminatory against women (again, this is verifiable fact and mostly impossible to argue against; no one thinks women were on equal footing with men 80 years ago), and that this system still has profound impact today on women growing up in and living in this society.

We're more progressive than our grandparents, but our grandchildren will look back on movements like MGTOW and men's rights with disdain in quite the same way that we look back with disgust at the anti-suffrage efforts of men at the turn of the 20th century.

While the internet is riddled with stories of men facing gender based discrimination, real life still mostly give men the benefit of every doubt, and gender based discrimination against men is relatively uncommon.

1|0
    0|2
    • If you replace 'men' and 'women' with 'workers' and 'bosses, you get exactly what Karl Marx theorized as class warfare. Strange how things work out like that eh? :)

• I think in traditional culture it’s a “thing” probably.

In the modern west gender roles still exist and they give significant benefits and drawbacks to both men and women. I’m sympathetic to those who would like to reduce gendered expectation and treat men and women more equally. However, the idea that patriarchy is the primary organization model of our culture or that most of society is designed to benefit men as a class at the expense of women as a class is almost absurd.

One of Marx’s key observations was that society is structured so the rich stay rich and above the working class. He has a variety of terrible plans to solve this problem. Marxist influenced groups have used the same model, but replaced the rich with white people, or men.

But while his solutions were terrible I think Marx was more on the ball on this one. It’s about the money more than anything else. OJ killed a white woman and walked.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Talking about Western society, not in the past but nowadays, yes.
    They (feminists) want to break the norms. I will give an example, they want to leave their armpit hair because men also do it.
    Well dude, this is NOT equality, it is just DISGUSTING. Equality means equal rights. Women have the right to work anywhere they want, go to any place they want to go, do anything they want (except the ones like I have stated above) what else do they want seriously? Matriarchy? I bet those idiots will want men to rule countries again after they fuck many things up.
    It is the truth that men are superior to women at some fields, but feminists forget that in some other fields it is the other way around. We might have equal rights but our abilities are not the same, we are made to complete each other.
    Talking about Asian society, Asians were already treating women good before the West realized what "equality" is. However in the modern day, women in Western countries are more advantaged than in Asian countries.

1|4
    1|0
    • Interesting views you have :)

• It's not matriarchy they want, it's just they have warped views on society. They're convinced modern "equality" is a lie. It's just cosmetic. Just saying I used to believe that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Pretty much. The so called “patriarchy” is a scapegoat that the feminists frequently blame when things don’t go their way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much. It doesn't exist.

0|2
    2|0
  • As a former hardcore feminist (I'm more of a soft anti-feminist) I can tell you that's kinda false. The "patriarchy" is a lot more nuanced and doesn't really involve shadowy elites at it's core. It's more like society is directed by men (uniquely men, and female politicans either are giving people what they want or are harassed puppets) and because of gender norms, sexism, objectification and a decent amount of men being sexist, it amounts to fake freedom and a system of "oppression". That's kinda what it is to feminists. A system of oppression on any scale.

0|0
    0|2
    • Feminism is incapable of giving women freedom, tradition is the true liberation. Liberation from degeneracy. Do you know what that is? IT IS oppression in its purest form.

• I disagree, tradition can be oppression, and degeneracy is subjective. It's not all equal. But I guess degeneracy can be oppression. But that's contextual. I'd say women in Afghanistan need a bit of degeneracy for ex (they are the ones who need feminism). But I'd say for feminism and some modern shit, it can go a degenerate. Like the 64 genders, free bleeding, januhairy, thinking men are all potential rapists, feminizing men, exc...

• No degeneracy is not subjective, it can easily be measured scientifically. Tradition is the true progress of society, progressive change is replaced too quickly by never progressive change, so we can never measure it has actual good effects on the human body and mind. Tradition however must withstand the test of time in order to survive, THAT is the true liberation, tradition is true progressive, modernism is false.

• Yes. It's just another example of women blaming men for everything. Ever notice how when something goes wrong for a woman, it's never because of the choices she made, it's always because of something a man did? This 'patriarchy' bulldrek is the exact same thing, on a larger scale.

"Women aren't CEO's because patriarchy!" Um, no, chances are their Gender Studies degree and high absenteeism, combined with not actually producing anything, are the reason for that.

0|0
    0|0
    • most women don't blame men for shit they have….(hope weren't using the rape "its not your fault" thing though, lol as an exemple…) now I have to agree with you on the last one. If they wanna be a CEO they can be a CEO. But it's mostly cos we've been fed the gender wage gap lie since we were little, and told countless times that we'd have a lot of obstacles from men. Yea, that's what feminism does, it counterintuitively makes women less prone to do these things.

• @_my_fukking_anarchy

Hatepigs have done more to hurt women than they've ever done to help them. If I was a woman, I'd be pretty damn pissed off at them.

• I am, honestly I think modern feminists are responsible for things that they say they are trying to combat. I think they're p sable for the "gender wage gap" (it's not discrimination obviously. But it's true women get paid less because they don't work as hard, as long, as high up, and why? often because they've heard things….), partially for "rape culture" like why women shut up and don't report it cos again, we've heard things…amongst a few things. I mean when I say they're responsable, I don't mean entirely at all. It's like putting gasoline on the fire. They're the gasoline. Honestly, if I never had been endoctrinated by feminism since a young age: I would have had higher expectations for myself, I wouldn't have felt unsafe with men, when things did happen to me I would have gone do a kit and report, I wouldn't have agonized for hours thinking about female oppression (hilarious I know), I wouldn't have treated men badly for approaching me or saying a compliment, I wouldn't have felt so powereless about my place of society, I wouldn't have carved stuff like "asking for it", "doll" in my skin or feel like I need to suffer trauma in silence because "men are rapey rape apologists", exc.… and the worst thing is, we're indocrinated to think that it's fact, because the "true, non bullshit" media says it, and to see anything that contradicts this as false. It's so easy to become an extremist when it comes to feminism. It's sad. Hate pigs are cancerous gangrenous pieces of shit, that need to die out.

• Its not a conspiracy theory, trust me patriarchy is real and they're evil. We must ensure our governments do everything they can do eradicate this menace. Look at how much we spend on fighting trivial things like terrorism, yet what have our countries done to eradicate such evil as patriarchy? Its sad where our priorities lie.

0|0
    0|2
  • Everything feminists say are misandristic ideologies with no logic. And patriarchy is one of them.

0|2
    0|0
  • I will admit that I am The Patriarchy. It's my evil alter ego. I wear a cape.

0|2
    0|0
  • The patriarchal system was in full force for thousands of years, and still is in many countries, so yes, it it very real.

0|0
    0|2
  • Yes. It ignores pretty much all details of history and anthropology in exchange for Marxist gibberish.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not a conspiracy theory.

See, there is no shadowy organization or anything that does the work of the patriarchy, rather it is centuries of oppressive culture that we fight against. The bourgeoisie are not a solid, monolithic, unified coalition. They are a class of several individuals who fit a certain criteria. When the revolutionary French decried them, they had certain individuals in mind, but did not think the bourgeoisie were some official organization. That is more similar to the patriarchy, if you were wondering.

Are there maybe some who are at the conspiratard tier, like the people who think George Soros or the Rothschilds, etc are "behind it all"? Maybe, but I would wager the solid majority feminists are above that level of conspiracy thinking.

0|0
    0|3
  • Absolutely

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Patriarchy" is just feminist hatred manifested in yet another way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm begging some of you idiots, take a basic sociology class, or even just read the damn wikipedia page on structuralism :L

0|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes