Your thoughts on "black face" Ralph Northam refusing to retire and what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Ending careers for stupid things that people did 20-30-40 years ago is stupid. Judging others as if we are high and holy is hypocritical. Pulling down monuments because historical figures owned slaves is stupid. Not investigating political figures for crimes they possibly committed recently while in office is stupid.

Most of this is driven by the media, which wants to flex its muscle and prove how much power it has.

0|2
    0|0
  • Really sad how someone is expected to quit their job over something so silly as this nearly 40 years ago. This is just another attack on white males from minorities making a mountain out of mole hill.

0|1
    0|0
    • It is sad, it's like 40 years ago, damn, just let it go people! Why can't minorities just let shit go, I mean that sort of thing simply would never happen "these days"... (mountain out of a mole hill, well put, old guy!) Hey buddy, check out this cool video below. It'll take your mind off of things...

https://youtu.be/dykgtGv8ozs

• Thanks for sharing that. I found this video ready to play right after it. It is also really interesting maybe you can find time to watch it, baby girl!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6nOocD1yg

• Baby girl,,, oh cute, you must think I'm your little sister?
      Your thoughts on "black face" Ralph Northam refusing to retire and what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?
      You people & incest; you're following the footsteps of a great leader!

Most Helpful Girl

• THERE IS NO HISTORY OF WHITE FACE! That’s what people don’t understand. ! The reason why blackface is insulting is because there is history behind it... if there was no history to blackface then people could do whatever they want and he would have kept his job. But to late... hope he files for bankruptcy soon. 🤷🏾‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
    • Except they would commit it to history the moment they did it.

• Show All
    • Facts 💯❤️👏🏾

• 7d

I agree completely.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This has been done a lot.
    It's ok if celebs do it... of course, but for school for Halloween... in 1984... SACRILEGE!!!

Your thoughts on "black face" Ralph Northam refusing to retire and what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?Your thoughts on "black face" Ralph Northam refusing to retire and what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?

Film: Soul Man
    Your thoughts on "black face" Ralph Northam refusing to retire and what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?Your thoughts on "black face" Ralph Northam refusing to retire and what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?

WHITE FACE

Eddie Murphy

You find something PROVING they are actually a racist... I agree, let him step down.
    Dressing up for Halloween 35 years ago. That's just stupid. As if his entire life boils down to nothing other than that. Find a better reason for a step down. An old silly photo being the reason that is just loco. Wahnsinn.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand how putting on whiteface is a deterrent or a response to Northam. He will either understand the history of blackface or he won't. The thing is, he has already apologized. Most Virginians, including African-Americans in his state have already forgiven him and moved on.

Why is this even an issue?

0|2
    1|0
  • If this was a Republican... Democrats would want to hang him.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you! And I think we can finally all agree with Rissyanne that we sincerely miss Obama and the days when we didn't have to deal with all these ongoing embarrassing issues with that fat guy in the White House who eats junk food all day.
      We need our thin, healthy & good looking president back!!!

• Show All
    • 7d

You are... insane

• 7d

• My thoughts are that it is really something how Trump is constantly falsely accused to be racist yet all these Democrats are the ones with a racist history it kinda kills their use of the race card from this point on

0|0
    0|0
    • I'll take it one step further; I don't think this is a Republican or Democratic problem, I think it's a white perplexity problem, a Caucasian quandary problem, a European American (we're better than everyone else & our shit never stinks) problem. I hope that helps,,,

• I think so many people have been falsely accused that the real racists are usually never called out anymore until recently

• I doubt anyone would care about white face, we aren't as sensitive as minorities or constantly looking for things to point at and yell oppression.

0|0
    0|1
  • People overreact so much, its just a costume some highschool kids decided to dress up as. No big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know if protesting something from a long time ago has any effect today politically. You can always protest it symbolically of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think black face is bad if it's not mocking the race, but simply just playing a black character for the laugh. Robert Downey Jr. did it in Tropic Thunder, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has done it with the Lethal Weapon gag. It was not meant to insult black people, and it was really funny.

Same thing applies to white face. If it's not done to mock white people, then I'm all for it. Have fun with it.

I do understand the history behind black face, I get it, it was used many times to mock black people, but that's history, let's learn from it. Leave it in the past, but don't forget it, and don't repeat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My problem is the rampant hypocrisy within the Democratic Party and the Media. If a Republican had done this, it would be 24/7 News and protests and sit ins till he/she resigned or was removed. Steve King said something stupid and was properly stripped of all committee assignments by his on Republican Party. Ilhan Omar says multiple stupid things and gets a light slap on the wrist by her own Democratic Party. She also gets to be on magazine covers as though she is some sort of hero. This double standard is a huge part of what is fueling the massive divide in the country.

0|0
    0|0
  • Painting my face black is one of my favorite pastimes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've got a lighter & some fluid. Just show your ugly mug anytime and I'll be more than happy to oblige you, Hoss!

• They too much spare time

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about black face, he should resign because he thinks it's ok to kill babies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black people could wear white face all day long and nobody would care. In fact stupid white people would cheer them on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fair play. If black people in white face is acceptable then so is vice versa

0|0
    0|0
    • Well Einstein, white face is a retort to black face (in layman terms) a response to white ignorance, along the lines of "we reap what we sow" or "every action creates a reaction" or " what goes around, comes around" or "you play with fire, expect your dumb-ass to get burn"!

• Show All
    • Life's too short to even respond to that; so all I can say is "learn your white Ameri (KKK) an history" and then you'll know where racism begins. (good luck)

• The KKK were less a threat to black Americans than black Americans are to themselves going by the black on black crime and murder statistics. I mean at one point in the 00s an African American was safer serving in Iraq or Afghanistan than living in a black neighbourhood. Learn your black Ameri "thug" history.

• "what's to stop African Americans from protesting in "white face" as retaliation?"

Nothing?

0|0
    0|0
  • He should resign for justifying infanticide not the black face bs.

0|0
    0|0
    • Now this I agree with. They are wanting him to step down for the wrong reason. Some 35 year old costume party isn't a reason. Legalizing killing a 40-week old living baby is a reason.

• It is amazing how warped people's values. WHAT!!! He took some picture at a costume party 35 years ago (stuff that has had actual movies about it... Soul Man, Tropic Thunder, White Girls)!!! OUTRAGE!!!

He is legalizing killing full grown babies... nothing to see... YAWN.

Recommended myTakes