Do You Think some Groups Plays the Victim Card too Much?

1. Do you think some groups plays the victim card too much?
2. What do you think of it?
3. Is thinking some plays the victims too much victim blaming?

Please explain Why. Elaborated opinions appreciated. #Victim #VictimCard #BlackLivesMatter

Groups can be race, sexuality, political groups, gender, refugees/immigrants, ethnicity, religion etc. It can be any kinds of groups. It can example be the LGBT+ community, black lives matter etc.
  • Yes, some plays victims too much (Explain Why)
    Vote A
  • No, they don't play it too much (Explain Why)
    Vote B
  • Other (Explain What & Why)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. But it's because society LOVES victims. We love to hear about the "underdog" facing adversity, we don't care about rich people with their "small loan of a million dollars" struggles. Everyone wants to be a victim now to be an "inspiration".

I feel that a lot of middle and upper class minorities have a lot of guilt because most of our struggles aren't racial, they're more financial. So they cling onto any "oppression" they can and exaggerate it (like microaggressions, cultural appropriation, etc). And as we see with Jussie Smollet, some even go so far as to fabricate victimhood to continue the narrative. Did you see the GMA interview? He definitely tried to play the "triumphing underdog".

0|4
    0|0
  • 1. Yeah usually either conservative white dudes acting like they're always under attack despite being oh so innocent. And black people with the race card. I've been accused twice this week on here of being racist because I wasn't interested in fucking other people considering I'm taken.

2. Incredibly annoying

3. No not if there is a legit reason for it. Otherwise you're a whiny little shit head.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The amount of heterosexual white men on GaG who play the victim card is hilarious. Like dudes, you might not have noticed his, but you are kind of the ones in power, sitting on top of your ivory tower?

Also, the comments they make are one of a kind.

"I don't need to see a representation of myself on TV."

Sure, dude. That's a great thing to say when almost everywhere you look, everyone on TV looks like you. How coincidental. Call me when you belong to a racial group that never sees a positive representation of themselves on TV.

0|0
    0|1
  • In the US? Yes.

White people, Christians, men, right-wingers, etc all hold the most institutional power in our country, even where they are minority populations, yet plenty of them seem to believe conspiracy theories that make them out to be victims. Even with the vast amount of economic, cultural and political power these groups have, they still believe they are oppressed despite the fact that they are in the catbird seat of our society's hierarchies.

It's really baffling.

0|0
    0|0
    • There are other than whites, Euro-Americans, Christian, men, right-wingers etc. that plays the victim card. People of all race, nationalities, ethnicity, genders, religions etc. can do it. Although it's true people's rights could be improved, I still think BLM overreact sometimes.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sure. Our current culture seems to be dominated by a radical sense of victimhood. People are seeing victimization where there is none, and even creating fake attackers so that they can play the victim.

0|2
    0|0
  • i tend to think ALL groups (age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, etc) play the victim card too often.

0|0
    0|1
    • The difference that I would argue though is society supports some groups playing the victim card whilst it humiliates others for doing it.

• @Kkaos perhaps. i didn't discuss that aspect and it wasn't the question

• Yes. It appears to be an inherent mentality in many of those that I would identify as social justice warriors. Y'know the so-called liberal anti-fascists who shout abuse at people and assault people but they are the victims.

So more specifically the likes of Black Lives Matter and their supporters, third wave feminists, LGBTQABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I know how easy it is to blame all your problems on society and the mainstream n' all, I have a developmental disability. I used to have this mentality to an extent, I still realise there are significant problems concerning the treatment of people with autism in society, much of the discrimination is sub-conscious or completely unintentional though. There is acknowledging that there are issues that ought to be addressed, and then there's isolating yourself and your group as particularly mistreated and discriminated against, showing a flagrant lack of consideration for any cause other than your own, and aggressively, furiously attacking society, berating strangers, because of your perceived victim status.

I think victim mentality appears to be a significant problem amongst Black Americans, particularly those who are impoverished or lower class. So many of them seem to be full of hate and anger for their country, blaming their situation on all white people for example which is blatant racism, attacking or harassing people based on generalisations such as just being a police officer, or because they're white therefore they should repent for what their distant ancestors did to the black people's distant ancestors. Absolute nonsense. When confronted with factual statistics highlighting that the biggest threat to Black Americans is other Black Americans (black on black violent crime), they just seem to refuse to accept the truth, the inherent hypocrisies in their entire cause/grievance whatever you want to call it. It becomes quite clear they are terribly biased, and appears that they just want to attack white people or people who are better off or more successful than them. Successful black people they say are "Uncle Toms", or are not true black people.. well then what is a true Black person? An impoverished drug taker and/or seller participating in attempted murders of fellow black people? That attitude is an insult to themselves and their race, to imply that those of their race who have been successful are not true black people, are sell outs or something..

Absolutely.. bloody ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminists, LGBT+, Black Lives Matter, MGTOW...

These are among the groups I would say are quick to claim victim as soon as they do not get what they want, almost like a child that throws a tantrum when the parents say no.

I do not speak of women, black people, or men respectively when I say this, only the ones in the named groups above.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it's worse that we shame victims and make them feel guilty for being victims. It's not cool when people who aren't victims claim to be and make it so that anyone who is a victim gets treated even worse and don't get the help they need because no one either cares or believes them.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes certainly. I think the Jussie Smollet thing shows how deep victim culture is in our soceity on which a wealthy homosexual black man feels so oppressed in America and wants to show how racist and homophobic people with different political views are that he stages an assault on himself.

0|1
    0|0
    • from the reports about why he carried otu the allegedly fake attack it isn't because he felt oppressed but simply wanted to increase his chances of being kept on the show and getting a pay raise

if the allegations are true he's in-authentically exploiting the oppression for personal advancement

• @madhatters4 maybe but he's also an outspoken anti-trump celebrity who does actually think that he as a black gay man is oppressed in America even if his real motive was for his fame and career. Sounds like a case of two birds one stone.

• I feel that the black card gets played a lot. I am not racist. I think that if a cop feels threatened he should shoot, but I also think if a cop tells you to stop you should stop. I would stop, my husband would stop, our children have been raised with respect for the law - they will stop. If you cooperate, things will get sorted out. you are a criminal if you do not stop when instructed and if you are found threatening there may be consequences.

2|2
    0|0
  • It’s mostly white liberals who create these “victim groups.” Of course those groups fall into it and believe it as well.

It’s all a bunch of bullshit. No need for explanation cuz even if I give one, it doesn’t matter. The liberals will be mad, the people who woke to the liberal BS will agree with me and that’s all that will ever happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • some individuals like to play the victim but i dont thin groups do unless they are genuinely being victimised. kinda the reason such groups form in the first place and for every one of the group that goes too far there are tens of thousands on the opposite side that will use it as a weapon to discreddit the whole cause. what you will find is that groups will often try to self police extremism just for that very reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Any tactic can be over used, and usually is, when it's successful. Humans are essentially lazy; they'll continue to repeat an old successful behavior long after the Law of Diminishing Returns has rendered it less than useful. The "victim card" is a prime example of this. Because others, ind different circumstances, have deployed it successfully, now everyone wants to be a victim.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone having to play the victimcard plays it too much.

There is a clear difference between acknowledging things don't go ideal, but striving for betterment - or just being a victim and expecting others (usually the perceived perpetuator) to fix their stuff.

I look down on everyone doing the later.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes, most modern liberals.
    2. It's annoying, considering that they are not real victims.
    3. No. Considering they are not real victims.

1|2
    0|0
  • Definitely LGBT you can't even say you believe in traditional marriage anymore or you get personally attacked and now the LGBT is trying to push their way into churches it is not enough for them that they got what they want they can get married now they have to make sure they push it on everyone who disagrees with them. There is a freedom of religion in the US and them trying to force churches to marry them and have gay clergymen is wrong on so many levels.

0|0
    0|0
    • As long the church doesn't try to get money from the government (since church and state should be separated) it's not a problem the church keeps some of their traditions. If they sucks money from the state, then modernizing should happen.

• They should be seperated but in no way should LGBT allowed to be integrated into a Christian church the bible is clear on what is and isn't acceptable what is the point of having a church if they can poison it?

• If the church doesn't get any money from the government, I think it's up to each church to decide. There are several branches in each religion. If one church wants to allow it and another doesn't, both decisions should be respected. There are anti-LGBT church that allow both cheaters and people who've got children with three different partners to marry.

• I think it is very difficult to criticise the Israeli government without being called an antisemite.

0|1
    0|0
    • Agree. I think it's difficult to criticize both the Israeli government and the Palestine side without getting labelled. You may be called a hater anyway. I doesn't side with anyone on the conflict and sees the whole thing as pointless. I don't get it why peace is so difficult to get.

• When you blame the reason on why you have nothing on others which a lot of groups do while sitting on there but waiting to be given stuff for free by the same people for a past incidence one of which you weren't affected yea there are a lot

0|1
    0|0
  • What is weird with this society that Minorities dictate for majority and we have to live by there rules.

Yes thats why most of this people stay where they are. You can blame other for your problems all that you want. Unless you change something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and its mainly a Democrat supporter. They cry this and they cry that.

1|2
    0|1
    • Of course it is. Its impossible for republicans to be crybabies and whine about shit all the time. They totally don't play the victim game everyday they are alive...

I'm not saying liberals and democrats aren't a bunch whiny crybabies who complain and bitch all the time. The are. But to insinuate it's only or mostly them is preposterous.

• @SirRexington Republicans are bunch of pussy that dont stand up for they believe in. I don't like both parties. I think both are bought and paid for by lobbyist. Both don't really care about the country, are they care about is filling their own pockets

• That is also true.

• Pretty much everyone plays the victim card these days but people mainly call out on the ones who are real victims 🤷

0|1
    0|0
  • Native Americans
    American Blacks
    Muslims
    Gays and Transgender

0|2
    0|0
  • of course there are some people who band together to play victim as a means to gain influence and power where they can but in a negative and non productive way

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    1. Homosexuals.
    2. Feminists.
    3. Some religious people.
    ... all are far too adept at victimology for my taste, or to assume the heavy burden of personal responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any group will if it's available. Right now we have communists who use various groups and encourage this behavior. They don't actually support any of these groups but find them useful to get things done.
    They know exactly what to say and which buttons to push. They know who you don't like and will trash talk them. They know what you like and will talk that up. Since people don't know who or what they're dealing with , it's easy for them to manipulate people. Here are some of the tricks as explained by a professional who did it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4&t=173s

0|1
    0|1
  • Competetive Victimhood. There is an actual name for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Some Black people, and some women do. Oh and some Jews too. It's as if they are still being oppressed in their eyes , but in reality they aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but that Group is very race and gender heterogenous

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. BLM uses the race card to often and even when in the wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No comments.
    🙄🙄

Hell YEAH!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, some plays victims too much (Explain Why)

0|1
    0|0
  • Definatly certain groups

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, I think it's shameful.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents have a pattern of doing that. Irritates me so much at times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women often play the vitim card, the same goes for black in the USA and Muslims in Europe (both genders).

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. People play the victim too much. Society groups them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah white dude be btiching these days about. Not getting women and being depressed and fat.
    I think they made a thing called incels or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Feninists, mainly ones on here, iignoring men's issue and sometimes justifying women being bitches to them.

0|3
    0|0
  • There’s this girl I was dating who used to blame everything on her race, I remember we got a bad seat at a restaurant and they girl started saying how they put us here because I’m (insert race), people of my own skin colour treat me like shit sometimes, some people are just not decent, it has nothing to do with race, I had to break up with her, because it was constantly happening.

1|1
    0|0
  • Blm
    And illegal immigrants
    Muslims

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes