Do You Think some Groups Plays the Victim Card too Much?

1. Do you think some groups plays the victim card too much?
2. What do you think of it?
3. Is thinking some plays the victims too much victim blaming?

Please explain Why. Elaborated opinions appreciated. #Victim #VictimCard #BlackLivesMatter

Groups can be race, sexuality, political groups, gender, refugees/immigrants, ethnicity, religion etc. It can be any kinds of groups. It can example be the LGBT+ community, black lives matter etc.
  • Yes, some plays victims too much (Explain Why)
  • No, they don't play it too much (Explain Why)
  • Other (Explain What & Why)
    Vote C

1033

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. But it's because society LOVES victims. We love to hear about the "underdog" facing adversity, we don't care about rich people with their "small loan of a million dollars" struggles. Everyone wants to be a victim now to be an "inspiration".

I feel that a lot of middle and upper class minorities have a lot of guilt because most of our struggles aren't racial, they're more financial. So they cling onto any "oppression" they can and exaggerate it (like microaggressions, cultural appropriation, etc). And as we see with Jussie Smollet, some even go so far as to fabricate victimhood to continue the narrative. Did you see the GMA interview? He definitely tried to play the "triumphing underdog".

• 1. Yeah usually either conservative white dudes acting like they're always under attack despite being oh so innocent. And black people with the race card. I've been accused twice this week on here of being racist because I wasn't interested in fucking other people considering I'm taken.

2. Incredibly annoying

3. No not if there is a legit reason for it. Otherwise you're a whiny little shit head.

Most Helpful Guys

• The amount of heterosexual white men on GaG who play the victim card is hilarious. Like dudes, you might not have noticed his, but you are kind of the ones in power, sitting on top of your ivory tower?

Also, the comments they make are one of a kind.

"I don't need to see a representation of myself on TV."

Sure, dude. That's a great thing to say when almost everywhere you look, everyone on TV looks like you. How coincidental. Call me when you belong to a racial group that never sees a positive representation of themselves on TV.

• In the US? Yes.

White people, Christians, men, right-wingers, etc all hold the most institutional power in our country, even where they are minority populations, yet plenty of them seem to believe conspiracy theories that make them out to be victims. Even with the vast amount of economic, cultural and political power these groups have, they still believe they are oppressed despite the fact that they are in the catbird seat of our society's hierarchies.

It's really baffling.

• There are other than whites, Euro-Americans, Christian, men, right-wingers etc. that plays the victim card. People of all race, nationalities, ethnicity, genders, religions etc. can do it. Although it's true people's rights could be improved, I still think BLM overreact sometimes.