Democrats Block Republican “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act”. Good? Bad?

ladsin
Essentially this bill was proposed in response to recent policies and proposals and wanted to ensure that doctors, “exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age."

The arguments I've seen thus far fall upon one of those 4 options I gave, but I’m interested in hearing what y’all think.
Good, it was superfluous we’ve already got a similar law.
Good, babies born during a failed abortion should not be treated the same as an otherwise born baby.
Bad, once the baby is born alive the mother has no say and the baby should be saved at all costs.
Vote C
Bad, the whole abortion thing is evil.
Vote D
Other
Vote E
GirlGuy
5
22