How would you feel if your government decided to spend money on encouraging Muslim communities in your country to convert to Christianity?

How would you feel if your government decided to spend money on encouraging Muslim communities in your country to convert to Christianity?
  • Delighted
    Vote A
  • Indifferent
    Vote B
  • Dismayed
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Thanks for contributing, everybody.

I think we can pretty conclusively lay to rest, the Islamist lie that Muslims are in some way not free to practice their religion in the West, and that they therefore have a duty to overthrow western society.

It seems like the majority view on here is that they should not be interfered with, just as I expected it would be.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like governments should be spending money on stopping Muslims from trying to force European women to assimilate.

0|5
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Completely anti-American.

8|3
    0|3
  • Very much C. There should be no establishment of a state religion per our first amendment. Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!

That said Islam and Christianity as religions aren't really all that different. Most every negative thing that could be said about Islam could also be said about Christianity. The difference is that Christianity has been challenged both within and without over the past several centuries and has changed as a result leading in far less extremism than we currently see with Islam. Islam needs this reform as well, but it won't happen if people keep trying to protect it (ie EU determining that criticism of Islam is not free expression).

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm in America, and religious freedom was one of the reasons why we decided to run away from England in the first place! It would be terribly un-American to encourage any sort of government-funded conversion. Church and state are supposed to be separate anyway, so it's none of the government's business what religion people practice.

2|0
    0|0
  • Live and let live. I would prefer they spend the money on projects to promote understanding and interaction between the different communities.

Where I originally come from the moderate Muslims sometimes vote for and become member of the Christian political parties, as they feel that there religious values are more comparable like family values and stances on abortion and so on. I'm more an Agnost myself but I prefer people coming together over religion and living a 'my god is your god' life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stupid idea. You can’t force Someone into a religion. A Muslim may become a Christian to be liked by the gouvernement the same way some Christians in Saudi Arabia hide their crosses and fake to be Muslims to avoid death sentence. It must be a spiritual individual choice not a political one, I’m à Christians and I love jesus but I refuse to deny that all religions have good and bad peoples.

2|2
    0|0
  • Well, there's better things to spend money on, but... it'd be better what it currently is.
    I am definitely not a fan of Christianity in any way, but I prefer that religion over theirs, for various reasons.

Now bring me the downvotes, höh.

0|1
    1|0
  • How about you don't encourage any religion? that is so biased

4|4
    0|0
  • I live in the US, any attempt to do this would be illegal and violate our first amendment. It would be incredibly anti American and I would not tolerate it.

0|2
    0|0
  • I live in the USA, where there is supposed to be a strict separation between religion and the state. In fact it's illegal to do anything that is directed at any particular religion. I'd be very upset to say the least.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did we even do this to ourselves. In the 1950's, there weren't mosques in the U. S., now 60 years later we've willfully imported this anti-west culture and have mosques all over the place, Deerborn, Michigan is almost like a different country as this sect comes here to be an outpost for other countries and not be Americans. Idiot leaders.

0|0
    0|1
  • That's not the way. Christianity works on individual level, where we meet people face to face as fellow disciples and talks about Jesus Christ. Governmental dependence corrupts its purpose. The Bible basically does condemn such things as well, we are not to establish a theocracy. That does not turn people's hearts to God in a genuine way.

Besides, we wouldn't want the other way around, so we have to be consistent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Governments should never be in the business trying to convert people into or out of a religion. If they do it for one you don't like, they can do it for yours

0|2
    0|0
  • They should spend money on deporting them instead, or putting them in refugee centers located on islands where they can do no harm to locals.
    Anyone who believe they're going to internalize Christianity is a fool, it's part of their strategical deception. As soon as they get the refugee status, they'll go back to their old ways.

1|0
    0|4
  • I'd feel like its a waste of time, and question why they'd try to convert people to a religion most of us don't believe in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't make any difference. No one can seriously suggest that the UK or any European country for that matter will be the same if all muslims would adopt christianity and all non-Whites adopted the European way of life, thinking, traditions and culture.
    Demographics are all that matters. A culture lives or dies depending on the racial make-up of its society. Change the race and you have changed the country.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does that imply Christianity is superior and the only right/correct religion to follow among all other religions and beliefs?

2|0
    0|0
  • I can't see that working a big part of there religion is getting people to convert to Islam, it's just going to be a waste of money for whatever government.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well looks 11 people dont believe in the 1st amendment or are hypocrites

0|1
    0|0
    • The 1st amendment only applies in the United States. There are many other nationalities represented on G@G.

• Show All
    • I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that?

• Well they're hypocrites because they wouldn't want their government converting Christians to Islam so why are they ok with it the other way around that seems very hypocritical

• This would be a terrible idea. The government of the United States doesn't have an official religion and is not supposed to support one religion over the other.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a Christian and I don't think anyone should be forced into a religion because it's up to the person to choose what they want to do in life.

When I was young my mum forced me to go to church and everyone on the block did to... so much so I hated Church and wanted nothing to do with it. Fast forward years later i was going through dark times and was lonely and had no one to talk to and I looked for something to make me happy, just so happened I missed Christianity. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, part of me would feel good about it, since they're always converting people
    But part of me would say, Islam is still fascinating in many aspects. It would be better to promote a more secular and tolerant sect of Islam

0|0
    0|0
  • about the same as i would if they tried to convert me. they can waste money on it, but i'll never be christian.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd definitely be against it.
    Firstly, in the UK it's a basic human right to follow a religion or non-religion of your choice.

Secondly you're singling out the Muslim community which is Islamophobic.

And thirdly I'm the UK our NHS is falling a part, nurses are going to foodbanks, 307,000 homeless people, 3.7 million children are living in poverty, not to mention the schools particularly in the North are incredibly underfunded. The government needs to help fix these issues, spend money on these issues, not converting people from one religion to another.

1|0
    0|1
  • I guess freedom of religion would be out the window

3|1
    1|0
    • They still have freedom of religion, they're just encouraging them to do something else. He never said they would be forced to convert.

• Church and state are supposed to be separate, so putting government money into such a practice would be unconstitutional, at least in America.

• Not only is it a breach of freedom of religion, it's just changing from one issue to another okay it might have less extremism doesn't make it a good option.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in a multicultural nation where different religions are allowed to exist and the goverment shouldn't push people to convert

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not for proselytism in general nor do I think that the government should involve itself with the religion that people identify themselves with.

So I'd be dismayed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Horrible. This policy reminds me of government efforts at trying to convert gays into being straight.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm against it because most people won't convert after being pressured, and it would be a waste of money when we could ship them back instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well still better than what they believe... they would either make you convert or pay a muslim tax called jizya

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, if that's happening, that means right-wing extremists have staged a coup or fundamentally altered the constitution and our entire socio-political order.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be similar to the way I felt when the American Congress was investigating steroids in sports. Do these fucking retards not have a day job to do?

0|0
    0|0
  • So many things to use money in and they choose to spend it on that. I'd be mad. But considering the close-minded country I live in, I wouldn't be surprised

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they don't start trying to convert atheists like me I don't care

0|1
    1|0
  • It's far from ideal. I'd rather they be atheist than christian, but I'd rather they be christian than Muslim.

0|1
    0|0
  • The same way I would feel if the government decided to spend money to to find a way to transform lung cancer into liver cancer.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be upset, this isn't what the United States of America is supposed to be about. I am an atheist, but I support religious freedom and tolerance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Government should not be spending money to promote any religion over another.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be even more pissed off that tax dollars were going towards propagating a religion rather than going towards universal healthcare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are we spending on money on this? Remain secular, gov!!!

0|2
    0|0
  • In the US, there's a separation of church and state, so it can't be done, unless the majority population in the US becomes Muslim, in which case, they'll use the government to force sharia on everyone.

Even though the US government can't (and shouldn't) be proselytizing Christianitity, it does have troops in Middle East countries, supposedly fighting Muslim terrorists. Fighting Muslim terrorists needs more than just military intervention, the Muslim population in these Middle East countries needs some 'Ben Shapiro' treatment, since the terrorists are getting their inspiration from Islam, and the average Muslim is just shrugging off his responsibilities confronting these terrorists, and looking the other way.

A steady information campaign on the average Muslim mind, pointing out to them where all this suffering is coming from, is what's needed to move minds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why force them to change their religion. Just let them keep it. Islam is also a beautiful religion if followed correctly

0|0
    0|0
  • saddened because its a basic right in the uk to practice whatever religion you want

1|0
    0|0
    • certainly i question china doing this more than the trade tarrif war

• In my opinion, the only funds the government should spend on religions is for getting rid of extremists.

0|0
    0|0
    • However, these muslims should assimilate to the local culture, and culture differs from religion, even if both are more or less linked.

• 🤷‍♂️my government already gift half my money to the pope.
    I'm just waiting for atheism to finally take over

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in a firm separation of church and state.

0|0
    0|0
  • What a waste of money that would be. Just get the radicals *OUT!*

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care all religion is fake and a waste of time

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes but how far down the list do you think atheists are.

• That would solve a lot of our immigration and integration problems.

0|0
    0|2
  • Yeah good luck turning 170 million people from Islam to Christianity.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes