Have you ever imagined you had to watch a failing refugee starve or freeze or be tortured to death?

And would you then still think "blame yourself"?

29

29
  • I don't think it's anyone's fault other than these people who attacks a country or starts the war like the wealthy greedy leaders. I don't think genuine refugees should be blamed, but I don't think people wanting immigration control should be hated on either.

It's difficult for a country to take in many refugees and integrate them in a short amount of time, so I think it's important we appreciates what the countries that tries it's best do although they've flaws in their system. Both children, the children's guardians, elderly and disabled should be helped. I think it's however questionable when there's economic immigrants and not real refugees; usually young fit men trying to cross borders.

I don't blame countries either for not taking in refugees. Some countries struggles economically or have other great issues, so I think some refugees advocates judges other countries too harshly. Off course countries should be encouraged to help, but they shouldn't be forced. They're not obligated to do something they're not capable of doing. Sometimes helping refugees in peaceful areas in either their own countries or voluntarily neighbor countries would be more effectively than sending a lot of them into countries far away with often incompatible cultures, language and that's difficult to integrate in.

• 3d

No, I've never imagined me seeing anything like that in real life since it's a highly unlikely and unrealistic scenario. *

• Every single Muslim majority country has violently rejected all attempts at cultural development and secularization in favor of reinstatement of religiously fanatical autocracies.

I frankly don't care about anything that happens in those countries, because it is all self-inflicted crap of idiotic demographics.

• Huh? I don't understand anything about your question. "Have you ever imagined you had to watch a failing refugee starve or freeze or be tortured to death?" Not really, that's rather odd, and "And would you then still think 'blame yourself?'" Um... huh?

• Id feel bad for any children that I see. But, after seeing what i see involving refugees, its hard to pity them when a lot feel entilited to stuff. If they put in that much effort they do to get to other places, literally risking their lives, i don't see why they can't take back their country from whatever threat, especially when its a lot isk civil threats, like ISIS. I know there are some who honestly try to be good people, but you can't come running to another country and act negatively. You aren't obligated to come, nor are countries obligated to take you in, they do so as a act of mercy. When you have those who run a mock, throwing trash, harassing citizens, it doesn't make ANYONE wanna help you. Especially when, they probably would do the same for those if the roles were reversed.

• 3d

Wouldn't do the same*

• 3d

@Waffles731 Unfortunately, a lot of those weapons never reached the right people and the US soldiers would end up fighting against our own weapons.
      Talking with people in the US military, so many things are lost and not accounted for that was paid for by US taxpayers to help other countries.

• 3d

@Surely we put a man on the moon, we can put weapons in the hands of the Peshmerga and the SDF

• Well, dude after seeing the behaviours of Syrian refugees in my country. I should force myself too hard to feel bad for a rapefugee aka invader.
    I would be more glad seeing them dieing than seeing them living in my country and ruining it

• 3d

I don't want anyone to die or suffer, but I wished some refugees appreciated what Western countries have done for them and be more grateful. At least respectful. It would be easier for both parts. It would be easier for refugees to not have much hate inside themselves and easier for Western to be more tolerant.

• No, why would I imagine that? Why would I blame myself for anything that I had no involvement with?

• If they're genuine refugees they can stay. If they starve or freeze in their own country it's not on me.

• I don't blame myself.

• Wait what why would I blame myself

• What do you mean had to? I do what I want.

• I dont get it..