Do you think the names and faces of mass shooters should be publicized? Would this be censorship?

Many people criticize the news media for making mass murderers famous and inspiring copycats. Do you think this should be banned, and if so, would this violate free speech rights?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The press is forbidden from publishing the names of sexual assault victims. Why should this be treated differently?

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with not disclosing their names and pictures. If the media would stop, the ones that do it to become famous would stop since they wouldn't get the "fame" they look for. I don't see it as censorship. There is no law that requires naming the killer, nor is there any reason it should be made public.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I most certainly do not think it should be legally banned. However, I do think it should be socially banned. I think there should be a massive stigma against any media outlet who publishes this information. It is a known factor in encouraging these types of people, to be well recognized. So if they were not publicized, it would be a positive in society.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, do not give them the attention they desire. If nothing else it should be part of journalistic integrity to not do it in the first place and never require any law changes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares , they are either dead or heading for the chair. You mean put their parents faces up on TV. These two people cause their kid to shoot others because the mother loved her job more than her son. Sure go ahead.

0|0
    0|0
  • They WANT it to be publicized, so they're getting their desired results.
    Free speech? I think once you commit a mass shooting, you forfeit that right.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it should all be disclosed
    The video shouldn't be hidden or removed from the public at all

Their faces should be disclosed as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. All should be available to view. I like having the choice available to not watch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good to See What MONSTERS THEY ARE!!! xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Can we put a Obama and Hillery on the list.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes