If You Dress Like A Slut, You Should Be Aware People Might Perceive You As A Slut?

If you dress like a bum and walk into a Gucci store, others may not think fondly of you. Right?

The same way dressing like a slut will make people perceive you as a slut, even if you are not.

Humans judge. I don’t understand why some people don’t understand this. Am I going crazy or is this a basic concept?

Not saying it’s right to pass judgment or gossip about others. I am NOT saying those who dress this way deserve to be raped, they don’t.

Question inspired from debate I had here 😌If You Dress Like A Slut, You Should Be Aware People Might Perceive You As A Slut?
  • True / happens
    Vote A
  • False
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to agree, but it’s common knowledge... typically modest women are modest in how they show off their bodies... dressing sexy, and slutty is a thin line with a clear difference! But walking around in a micro skirt and a bra top at the club just sends the wrong message! Not sorry.

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, you are absolutely right! There are some people who have left-leaning political tendencies, who believe that a person should be able to engage in almost any behavior and not experience any adverse consequences. They think that a girl should be able to dress like a slut and not have anyone else think about her being a slut. It is a ridiculous idea!

1|0
    0|0
  • i agree. dave chapelle illustrated it perfectly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7QNw1LRJv4

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

dang i posted the same video as someone else. oh well. it should be heard at least twice

• You are not going crazy, you have it exactly right. Humans judge, it's natural, and people who dress that way are subject to those judgments, BUT, as you said, dressing slutty doesn't open to door to sexual assault, or, worst case scenario, rape. I'm happy everybody so far agrees!

1|1
    0|0
  • Your 14(?) and already know this fact and some older people still don't get it, amazing.

2|1
    0|0
  • I guess it might be ignorance, both from the one dressing failing to understand the message she is implying, willingly or otherwise, and the audience, failing to understand that correlation does not imply causation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, only because there are stupid men and women out there who call you a slut for expressing yourself and wearing what you like when it's literally an item of friggin clothing... CLOTHING! Did I mention we're in the 21st century too?

0|0
    0|0
  • More importantly, you should not care what some idiots think of you because of how you dress. People who think badly of you because of how you dress are not worth being taken seriously anyway.

0|0
    2|1
  • It’s common sense but feminists are crazy these days.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't think that's really the issue, though. I think it's more that sluts should be treated with the same basic human decency allotted to everyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • That's true. Obviously you start to think that girls like that are cheap.

2|1
    1|0
  • Appearance is important and while we should not judge a book by its cover we sometimes trip ourselves up on appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • I get treated like one no matter what so might as well wear a napkin.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with you 100%, it’s common sense that unfortunately isn’t so common anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just saying... If you don't wanna be treated like a slut? Why are you going around looking like that? You just HAVE to show of 80% of your boobs?

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh that dress doesn't make her look cute she looks unsexy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Equal rights begins when girlies give up those double standard passes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep pretty much.
    I judge all the time cause that's what humans are supposed to do, it's how we are wired we all ways try and make sense of things and we do that by connecting things to things.

Just like if you wear something a bit less we start connecting that to been more slutty or revealing.
    Just like how if you walk past someone with a hoodie up in a dark allyway insta think that guy mighy be a thug or killer or druggy when in fact he maybe the smartest kindest guy ever.

Point is we are meant to judge, however knowing and judging are totally seprate and you should never act drasitcally on a judgement and only on knowing you should.

Ps that outfit on her makes her very untractive it's kinda a gross dress not, because it's slutty just because it is actaully not nice don't see when anyone would wear that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its unfortunate but people do judge you on your appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • Exactly, it's ok if you're a slut just don't get angry when people call you what you are "a slut"

1|0
    0|0
  • It may happens but imho that doesn't make it right...

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't be surprised what people think, nor should you care what people think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree

1|1
    0|0
  • Indeed.

1|1
    1|0
  • You got it right buddy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think she had a price

1|0
    1|0
  • Everyone has his own definition of 'slutty looks'

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women who dress like whores, generally act like whores.
    They want cheap male attention and generally thrive on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • clothes don't make you a slut

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans judge. There are those that believe it’s ok to abandon certain standards of behavior and rail against said judgments. But yeah, you’re right.

Also, that dress on her is not only slutty but it’s also kinda awful looking

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes