Is this guy a terrorist?

Imagine a citizen from your country named X.
X praises a terrorist organisation which is a great threat to your country. He constantly talks about how those terrorists are actually freedom fighters and so on...
However, X is never armed. He does not take part in any of the terror attacks carried out by that terrorist organisation. Verbally he is not doing anything. He is just making propaganda of that organisation.
Is X a terrorist?
  • Yes; X is a terrorist.
    Vote A
  • No; X is not a terrorist.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It would be treasonous, idiotic and disgusting, but still free speech. As long as he does not actively partake in some way, he cannot be treated judicially as a terrorist. Personally though, as far as I'm concerned sympathy earns you a place among them. Celebrating murderers isn't any better than being one of them, and my political party is fighting for legislation that ANY association with terrorist organisations should be made illegal. Being verbally positively predisposed excluded of course. We can't punish people for opinions, unlike what the left believes.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is not a terrorist.

The definition of Terrorism:

[The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.]

This person is a Terrorism Advocate [Not] the terrorist itself. There is a technical difference. The person is never armed nor ever took action. He could be simply just a brainwashed citizen who imagines they are supporting the right cause.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If the "propaganda" is intended to or can be reasonably understood to lead to material benefit to the people/organization carrying out the actions then yes. If not then no.

For instance. If its just a guy that makes the occasional statement among friends that disagree and he isn't actively promoting, while I still think he's wrong and fucked up that doesn't make him complicit. If he directly aids or promotes in a way that leads to benefit then terrorist is it sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • A terrorist us a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims. He hasn't done anything violent, so he is not a terrorist. Just an idiot.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not necessarily, but very possible. Definitely a terrorist sympathizer if the support if a product of ignorance or denial, and henceforth is an idiot; a useful idiot at that. Not much better than a terrorist though. If knowingly supporting an organization's clearly terroristic activities, then this is even worse, and that person is a terrorist. IMHO.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything can be classified as terrorists, it's just what the one's that classifies it as such that makes it terrorism. That what USA does in some countries is actually terrorism according to their own standards and some other thing's they do only counts as terrorism in that country they are doing it.

It's relative to who dictate the terms what is considered a threat for them that isn't seen as a act of war.

1|1
    0|0
  • He might not be actively acting, but he is supporting those who do and thus has at least part of the blame.

Does that warrant classifying him as a terrorist? It depends on how far his support goes. But at the very least he is a threat.

2|1
    0|0
  • I would consider him one. He is supporting a terrorist organization after all. Would you not call someone who supports communism a communist? Would you not call someone who supports fascism a fascists?

1|1
    1|0
    • Those things you’re talking about are IDEAS. They are ways of life that is supported by agreement alone. Terrorism is an action. If you do not take action, you are not a terrorist. You cannot think of terrorism positively, not do anything, and call yourself a terrorist. Terrorism is supported by attempts and results. Not thoughts. People can agree all like like and cause no harm. Harm and attempted harm is... harm. It’s terrorism. It is an action.

• Show All
    • That's crazy if you ask me. If someone says they're going to kill you. You take their word for it. I mean. That's your life. Lol.

• You live how you want though. I can't control you.

• No only to those X is around , maybe X is looking for attention and is looking on the wrong end to get it.
    Why don't you try this , when X is in those kind of talks , Just out the blue don't say anything to X and go give them a BIG ass HUG and just tell X it will be a right not even knowing what will be alright.
    X will change the subject really quick or if they keep on talking
    like that hug X harder just to see what happens... lol..
    If X keeps it up find better way , like pinch X buttock and then give them a huge HUG. If that don't work he not a terrorist Now but X keep talking about it even when a women puts there arms around them, X is undercover or homosexual.
    example: Of what I just said, I was talking about this subject one day and all a sudden this women I didn't even know was in a different group and over heard me talk the way I was talking and she out from know where came over and gave me a hug. Me I Don't do hugs or that love stuff she didn't know though and it mad me just stop to think about what the Hail just happen it made me change my subject real fast. I have to say I thought about the hug and what she told me, She told me it will be alright straight out the blue. Me being male I want to talk to her but she up and left after the HUGE HUG she gave me.

0|0
    0|0
  • But is that group of people he's supporting terrorists or are they actual freedom fighters? The US governments funds many terrorist groups with weapons but we sit here and publicly claim we are backing "rebels" even though these groups aren't.

1|1
    0|0
  • X currently isn't a terrorist but X is a threat especially if he's actively spreading propaganda and support towards that organisation. He's most likely being radicalised.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, a terrorist is someone who USES terror to achieve political goals. If he is not using violence then he is not a terrorist.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/terrorism

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope and why do we have people that are terrorists think about the governments of the world that are the real terrorists America is one and so is the uk people are going to fight back as they will no longer be walked over or pushed about think back 300 years when the uk stole over 90% of the world as the people had no way of fighting back well now they do?

1|0
    0|0
  • Let's make an analogy : Let's say you have a big gangster. He never personally killed, robbed or dealt drugs. However, he is personally in charge of recruiting henchmen who are ready to kill, steal and deal. Is he a criminal?

Personally, I say yes because he has still a big part of responsibility in the crimes committed by his gang because he is creating more and more criminals.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if he is in my country and he is profiteering, or manufacturing, and endorsing evil shit, he gonna have to be locked up. Or kicked out of the country. The authorities will probably shoot him sometime soon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say so yeah doesn't matter he's not doing the actual deed he's still playing a part doing what he's doing, starting anyway can lead on to other things, the more involved he gets with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Technically I'd say that is called a "terrorist sympathizer"
    If this person is not a natural born citizen I believe they should be deported.

1|1
    0|0
  • yeah If he supports or praises a terrorist organization that makes threat to my country , i describe him as terrorist
    For instance, If someone praises catalan terrorism in my country , I approach hostile to him/her

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not a terrorist, he's just a poor idiot.
    Won't hurt putting him on a watch list though.

3|0
    0|0
  • Nah he just a poser...
    but would still watch him from sideways and probably drop a tip to the FBI crime watch line or something

1|0
    0|0
  • terrorists WE like are called " freedom fighters ".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvO3qAlyTg

We did the same in Syria for the Al Nusra Front and in Libya for Al Qaeda

0|0
    0|0
  • A terrorist is anyone whos aim is to inspire fear in the people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Even if he is not directly taking part in terrorist activities he's still advocating for terrorism, he is a terrorist sympathizer and is still a threat to the nation and should still be dealt with.

1|0
    0|0
  • he is still spreading terrorism prpaganda so yeah he contributes to the community for certainly, i am not sure i would call him a terrorist tho

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I'd say he was a terrorist sympathiser, but not a terrorist.

1|0
    0|0
  • X is not a terrorist. However, he may be more likely to become one.

2|0
    0|0
  • Technically, no, but X is still a douchebag.

However until he does something that falls under the spectrum of terrorism, he is not a terrorist.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, having an open and honest opinion is not terrorism and it does not make them a terrorist.

1|1
    0|0
  • A person who supports another person's crimes is just as evil. If X supports and encourages a terrorist organizations objectives, he's just as bad as them

1|0
    0|0
  • He is not a terrorist, but what he is doing is almost as bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not a terrorist but a person of interest who the police etc should keep an eye on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would consider someone using propaganda to support a terrorist organisation to be complicit in terrorism and basically a terrorist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well he don't seems to be an terrorist ( yet), but he is an terrorists supporter.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the law should stop this person, because his propaganda to a terrorist organisation harms the a public space in his society...

1|0
    0|0
  • No he is not a terrorist, but it has another name. Like a recruiter or something, or a propagandist.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, but helping/promoting terrorism is bad and should be stopped.

They are like a turbo on a car.
    They car will run just fine without it but the turbo speeds it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah. Praising and supporting these organisations is a crime. I'd report him to the cops, and possibly the Americans in case I can get the 5 million dollars.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • NO! He's a terrorist sympathizer, but not a terrorist.

1|0
    0|0

• Terror definition a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

1|0
    0|0
  • Are 51% people out of their mind.
    He is a bigger terrorist. he makes more people radical

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't know depends on what kind of propoganada he posts

1|0
    0|0
  • No because that is his opinion. If he acts upon it then yes.

1|1
    0|0
  • He definitely is. Terrorism is first and foremost the mindset.

0|0
    0|0
  • No X is not a terrorist. They do not fit the definition of one. You have to actually commit a violent act.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he making propaganda of that organisation then you are wrong he is verbally supporting and actively supporting them.

There is a clear difference between having a discussion about an organisation and group, people talk about the Nazi's every day and there are people who are experts on the Nazi's but they do not support them.

If someone actively is doing stuff to help that organisation then yes they are a terrorist, if your having a discussion about that organisation then no, but in your case yes they are a terrorist.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not he's just expressing his opinion which he has a right to but that won't stop me from beating the shit out of him even if that makes me a hypocrite... again

0|0
    0|0
  • So X does have a terrorist mentality so he is a potential terrorist

1|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you ever call these murderer white boys terrorists when they kill Muslims? Too much of a white man lover huh

0|0
    0|0
  • If X has a Y and they have mini x's and y's then it should lower the risk. haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont get it lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay let me explain:

Bir adam var, bir terör organizasyonunu övüyor, o teröristlere özgürlük savaşçısı diyor, ama kendisi eline hiç silah almıyor, hiç bir terör saldırısında da bulunmamış. Fiili olarak bir sey yapmıyor. Bu adam terörist mi?

• Show All
    • Hair bu benim kendi sozlerim

• Benim klavyem yanlis yazmis. Dedim ki hair degil fitne yayan*

• Sounds like Jeremy corbyn

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so

1|0
    0|0
  • Still a terrorist.

1|0
    0|0