Is this guy a terrorist?

Imagine a citizen from your country named X.
X praises a terrorist organisation which is a great threat to your country. He constantly talks about how those terrorists are actually freedom fighters and so on...
However, X is never armed. He does not take part in any of the terror attacks carried out by that terrorist organisation. Verbally he is not doing anything. He is just making propaganda of that organisation.
Is X a terrorist?
  • Yes; X is a terrorist.
  • No; X is not a terrorist.

1252

Most Helpful Guys

• It would be treasonous, idiotic and disgusting, but still free speech. As long as he does not actively partake in some way, he cannot be treated judicially as a terrorist. Personally though, as far as I'm concerned sympathy earns you a place among them. Celebrating murderers isn't any better than being one of them, and my political party is fighting for legislation that ANY association with terrorist organisations should be made illegal. Being verbally positively predisposed excluded of course. We can't punish people for opinions, unlike what the left believes.

• He is not a terrorist.

The definition of Terrorism:

[The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.]

This person is a Terrorism Advocate [Not] the terrorist itself. There is a technical difference. The person is never armed nor ever took action. He could be simply just a brainwashed citizen who imagines they are supporting the right cause.

Most Helpful Girls

• If the "propaganda" is intended to or can be reasonably understood to lead to material benefit to the people/organization carrying out the actions then yes. If not then no.

For instance. If its just a guy that makes the occasional statement among friends that disagree and he isn't actively promoting, while I still think he's wrong and fucked up that doesn't make him complicit. If he directly aids or promotes in a way that leads to benefit then terrorist is it sure.

• A terrorist us a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims. He hasn't done anything violent, so he is not a terrorist. Just an idiot.