How do I tell my homosexual friend that I don’t agree with their lifestyle?

I do not want to be friends with them anymore but I donโ€™t know how to cut them off without being rude
Updates:
😂😂😂😂

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• You could lie, it's not rude anyway just kind of ignorant, it's your choice who you want to be friends with

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• tell them that you are sorry but what they do in their private lives makes you feel uncomfortable and as such you can no longer see them as a friend

0|0
    0|0
  • Good. They are better off without judgmental people like you.

1|4
    1|1
    • How do I tell them I donโ€™t want to be friends with them for that reason tho without sounding like an ass

• Show All
    • I am not an ass

• You sure about that? Seriously, go take a long look at yourself in the mirror, think about why you don't want to be friends with someone who just so happens to be gay, and ask yourself if you are or not.

• People who love lies will always consider the truth to be "rude". I tend to either go with blunt truth (Which tends to evoke violence from unreasonable people) or make a brief and final farewell without bothering to explain.

Maybe you can tell them you have 'irreconcilable differences' and you need to walk a separate path.

1|0
    0|1
  • There's no way to worm your way around this without being rude. You're trying to distance yourself from someone for something that in no way inconveniences you - own your bigotry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe you could try telling them that you no longer feel comfortable being around them with knowledge of their sexuality, that it just makes you uncomfortable in general. Let them know that it's not anything against them, but it'd be better if you both went your separate ways so they may try finding friends who are more willing to accept them, but also tell them that you still value the friendship, cherish the memories, and wish them the best of luck and happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Each person has the right to choose their sexual preference.
    You have the right to choose your friends.
    Then you must speak what you feel without necessarily being rude.
    Be assertive and if really be necessary be rude.

0|0
    1|1
  • Is it because they are gay or they have disappointed you some way as a friend. You much have enjoyed their company before you found they were gay. I think you need to ask your self this before you finish with them...

0|0
    0|0
  • Use the passage in the Bible that says God is against it and that it is something that can be overcome

1|0
    0|2
  • It doesn't matter how you phrase it, the end result will be 99% the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to be friends with them, just say that you're going different directions, and that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them asap so they can find other friends to rely on.

3|0
    0|0
  • you liked them before you found out , stop letting your homophobic tendencies get the best of you and suck it up. key words: THIER LIFESTYLE. it's none of business as a "friend"

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. Unsolicited comments are rarely appreciated. They just think their entitled to whatever they decide. Just let them do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them

They are better off without a judgement ass like you

0|0
    0|0
  • Be blunt and tell them you donโ€™t want to hear about sodomy.

0|0
    0|1
  • You don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you are triggered by gay people ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • why do you have to tell them in the first place?

0|1
    0|0
  • Be honest, then they won't count you as a loss ๐Ÿ˜Š

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them that you don't like gay people.

0|0
    0|0
  • You tell them that you have a bigoted and disgusting opinion and that they are too good for you and you're only going to make their life worse and they deserve better friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are they interested in YOU? If yes I understand your position. If not then itโ€™s probably not because they are gay but for some other reason you find them annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't cause they have been brain washed into thinking that you will always be wrong and they are right.

I had that problem after 3 years a lesbain couple wanted me to join them. I cut contact after.

It won't work especially today. All you can do is live by example and voice your mind as your spat on.

0|0
    0|1
  • Are you not wanting to be friends with them just because they are homosexual?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but how do I say that without sounding rude

• Her right to do so.

• I know but you still enjoyed her as a friend before you found out. Either way you say it to her you will sound pretty rude. Even though you may not agree, Can't you try to look past it?

• What do you mean by don't agree with their lifestyle?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes