What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?

Soldiers may ‘open fire’ if lives at risk in Yellow Jacket protests
Do you think the soldiers would do it? What do you think would the consequences be? Would the protests dissipate or would they intensify? Could it turn into a revolution?

335

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm laughing hard at the manipulation and people buying into it.

At the peak of the protests there were 50000 on the streets.
    let's say it's still the same.
    With a population of 67 million people (according to wikipedia), those 50000 account for 0,07% of the population of France.

It's democracy to go on and protest, protest as much as you want.

But the ones manipulating this 50K mass know that they are not going to make a fly move, because they are insignificant, so they resort to violence, setting cars on fire, beating police and destroying business.

The moment you have a disruptive 50K in the streets trying to subjugate tens of millions of french people, then that requires equal counter-measures.

And I'm amazed at how stupid they are. The violent aggressive monkeys with their faces covered and molotovs in their hands, start crying "not fair" when the police shows up.
    How low can you get? I would put them all in jail and call it "gillette jeaune" prison.

Whoever wants to have their business set afire or car burnt down, they are free to join the "shit revolution". For the other ones, make sure you know who is the guy you vote for.
    Simple fact that Macron is married to his Granny should be enough reason to think this guy is not cut out for taking the best decision for the country.
    When Soros is in the picture, then if you vote for him, it's only your fault.
    You learn to inform yourself and then when the next vote comes, you do your job.

Yes I hate Macron, but fuck those 50K vests, throw rocks and molotovs, ASSAULT police and you deserve whatever comes your way.

• You are a weak coward and the reason why tyranny takes root

• @zuricose
      ok, if you remember, there were dead people at the start of the movement and 300.000 happened. it's an outlaw movement that is not supported by the population. end of story.

will also report you to the French authorities to search you up, because your "promise" and your mention of people dying by bullet are fishy as fuck.

• You are crazy :'D

• My impression, although largely ignorant, has always been that the French Army is pretty well trained, but there's a world of difference between opening fire on Islamist rebels in Africa, and unarmed French civilians on the streets of Paris. So, I'm very unsure about that part.

I think the consequences would be horrendous. It would be an admission that the Macron regime had lost control of the streets, and that could also have important consequences elsewhere. I mean, given how unpopular he is, the decent thing to do would be to resign, but I absolutely bet he'll try and hang on.

I think if there are fatalities, then protests could intensify. Could it turn into a revolution? It's probably about time, by French historical standards.

• The soldiers have orders and they are trained to follow them, you won't have to worry about that part.

• I am not convinced that is true. The videos of the police brutality against the protesters is sickening oh, and they had orders also

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it could. The French government continues to ignore the will of the people.