What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?

Soldiers may ‘open fire’ if lives at risk in Yellow Jacket protests
Do you think the soldiers would do it? What do you think would the consequences be? Would the protests dissipate or would they intensify? Could it turn into a revolution?
What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm laughing hard at the manipulation and people buying into it.

At the peak of the protests there were 50000 on the streets.
    let's say it's still the same.
    With a population of 67 million people (according to wikipedia), those 50000 account for 0,07% of the population of France.

It's democracy to go on and protest, protest as much as you want.

But the ones manipulating this 50K mass know that they are not going to make a fly move, because they are insignificant, so they resort to violence, setting cars on fire, beating police and destroying business.

The moment you have a disruptive 50K in the streets trying to subjugate tens of millions of french people, then that requires equal counter-measures.

And I'm amazed at how stupid they are. The violent aggressive monkeys with their faces covered and molotovs in their hands, start crying "not fair" when the police shows up.
    How low can you get? I would put them all in jail and call it "gillette jeaune" prison.

Whoever wants to have their business set afire or car burnt down, they are free to join the "shit revolution". For the other ones, make sure you know who is the guy you vote for.
    Simple fact that Macron is married to his Granny should be enough reason to think this guy is not cut out for taking the best decision for the country.
    When Soros is in the picture, then if you vote for him, it's only your fault.
    You learn to inform yourself and then when the next vote comes, you do your job.

Yes I hate Macron, but fuck those 50K vests, throw rocks and molotovs, ASSAULT police and you deserve whatever comes your way.

0|1
    0|1
    • You are a weak coward and the reason why tyranny takes root

• Show All
    • @zuricose
      ok, if you remember, there were dead people at the start of the movement and 300.000 happened. it's an outlaw movement that is not supported by the population. end of story.

will also report you to the French authorities to search you up, because your "promise" and your mention of people dying by bullet are fishy as fuck.

• You are crazy :'D

• My impression, although largely ignorant, has always been that the French Army is pretty well trained, but there's a world of difference between opening fire on Islamist rebels in Africa, and unarmed French civilians on the streets of Paris. So, I'm very unsure about that part.

I think the consequences would be horrendous. It would be an admission that the Macron regime had lost control of the streets, and that could also have important consequences elsewhere. I mean, given how unpopular he is, the decent thing to do would be to resign, but I absolutely bet he'll try and hang on.

I think if there are fatalities, then protests could intensify. Could it turn into a revolution? It's probably about time, by French historical standards.

0|1
    0|0
    • The soldiers have orders and they are trained to follow them, you won't have to worry about that part.

• I am not convinced that is true. The videos of the police brutality against the protesters is sickening oh, and they had orders also

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it could. The French government continues to ignore the will of the people.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Its not a matter of if they do it, its a matter of us not knowing they have already done it because the mainstream media doesn't report on it. Luckily for us, the people do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphVOUTxqLY

0|0
    0|0
  • wouldn't surprise me... i have already seen a reporter shot with a rubber bullet and a peacefull protester getting her hand blown off as a gas canister exploded. the french police are far too heavy handed and their actions promote further violent reaction

0|1
    0|0
    • i see this time the police knocked a 73yr old woman to the ground causing her skull fractures and bleeding on the brain

• Soldiers firing on the civilians of the country the are suppose to protect? Sounds like the start of a civil war.

And since when do soldiers do police work? The army has no business standing against the civilian population. Using the military against civilians is an over reach of government powers

0|2
    0|0
  • Very likely. The only surprise is how fast Macaroni has shown his real face.

Other than that the last time I was in Paris was 7 years ago and it was already a complete clusterfuck to the point where I said "never gonna get here again if this doesn't better itself".

0|0
    0|0
  • Amazingly enough, the military have been very modest for now. The protests themselves are just a pointless display. It is clearly violence for violence's sake. Very few people actually take part with the intended purpose.

The consequences are clear. A lot of people will die.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's a horrible thing , considering that France is an European country and human rights and freedom is great there , however , if they open fire , things will go terrible and the yellow jackets will shot the police in return

0|1
    0|0
  • I doubt it they would be firing on there own people but I have no clue if for certain they would do it orders are orders after all though it would seem counterproductive if they were to fire on there own people just to avoid others getting hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • This why Americans are uppity about having fun free countries

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that they will unless a Boston Massacre type of event happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • The French army will probably use their most famous tactic, and retreat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Internet: Britain is in total turmoil right now

France in corner burning: "this is fine"

I think France is in a worse position. I hope no one gets killed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, that's some messy shit happening over there. I can't imagine what would happen if things deteriorated that bad here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Close to zero. They just want to discourage people from turning up. We're talking about France, not Iran.

1|0
    0|0
  • WHY DID YOU COVER HER BOOBS?

Lady Liberty always has bare breasts. It shows her strength.

0|0
    0|0
  • They should be shooting their corrupt, illegitimate leaders.

What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?What do you think are the chances that the French army will open fire on protesters today (23.03.2019.)?

0|0
    0|0
  • Tyrants always resort to violence to keep power, so it's possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Macron is stupid and he has written his own death ticket with this

0|1
    0|0
  • Given the massive demographic change in France in recent years? High.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they do, a civil war will be afoot. And nobody wants that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't it "yellow vest"? I thought yellow jacket was used to insult them by comparing them to swarming wasps.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the police fire on them with less-letthal weapons, why wouldn't the military do the same?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully slim to none. Doing so might damage their credibility and their reputation.

0|0
    0|0
  • It will be horribile

0|0
    0|0
  • 30% chance

0|1
    0|0
  • Low..

0|0
    0|0
  • Just give em riot rounds and rubber bullets.

0|0
    0|0
  • I reckon about 0%

0|0
    0|0
    • And I don't think there is even remotely enough public support for a revolution. Nor would the yellow vest people be able to somehow create a coup that would strip Macron and the Parliament from their power

• You only need 3.5% of the population on your side for regime change.

• It’ll be 1830 all over again

0|0
    0|0
  • They will kill them all.

0|0
    0|0
  • 10% maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Democracy is the coat of political splendor

0|0
    0|0
  • Zero

0|0
    0|0
    • It happened before so the chances are higher than zero.

• Chances are low

0|0
    0|0
  • What are they protesting for?

0|0
    0|0
  • This is why societies should never be disarmed.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes