Are pitbulls really as aggressive and violent as society portrays them to be?

• Yes
  • No

511

Most Helpful Girls

• They can be if you raise them to be.
    They are also goofy and sweet and lovely.

The sweetest dog I ever had was a blue pit bull.
    She was the most amazing dog ever. But she was also a protector!
    You’d be scared of her if you were a stranger standing outside my gate... but if she met you outside the gate, she’s be super friendly. Only showed aggression if you were attempting to enter the premises of what she considers her property to defend. But if you met her anywhere else outside she was super friendly...

Max, my German Shepard is a whole other thing... he’s clumsy and sweet but can be aggressive toward any stranger if he so feels threatened by yiu at all.. for no clear apparent reason... I cannot take him out anywhere because of this..

I do not know why he does this...
    I feel he is more of a danger than my pitbull ever was.

In the end, all dogs an can be dangerous, we must all not forget they do not think like humans do,, anything they can misinterpret can turn out to be a horrible scene.

• Treat dogs with respect and raise them with love and you will not have an evil dog at all.. but still remember they are dogs and cannot understand every situation as humans do so always be careful and never leave a child unattended with any dog regardless of how trained it is.

• No, they are what their owners raise them to be.
    Pit bulls used to be used as nanny dogs to young children.
    What does that tell you? They were left alone with babies and children more often than not.

Most Helpful Guys

• The key point is they "CAN" be. If they're raised to be aggressive toward others then absolutely yes, they're a dangerous dog.

However, if they're raised to behave and trained right, they're usually just oversized big puppies then.

They're very strong, built like a mini-tank, and have some hellacious bite force, and some of them tend to be a one-owner dog. I've come across some of the nicest pitbulls though. When they're like that, all they wanna do is just lick you to death and rub themselves all over you. They CAN also be very nice dogs too!

• The biggest problem with pit bulls, is that any dog can bite, and if a pit bull bites, it can be a real serious bite, compared to many other dog where a bit would cause much less injury.