Are pitbulls really as aggressive and violent as society portrays them to be?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• They can be if you raise them to be.
    They are also goofy and sweet and lovely.

The sweetest dog I ever had was a blue pit bull.
    She was the most amazing dog ever. But she was also a protector!
    You’d be scared of her if you were a stranger standing outside my gate... but if she met you outside the gate, she’s be super friendly. Only showed aggression if you were attempting to enter the premises of what she considers her property to defend. But if you met her anywhere else outside she was super friendly...

Max, my German Shepard is a whole other thing... he’s clumsy and sweet but can be aggressive toward any stranger if he so feels threatened by yiu at all.. for no clear apparent reason... I cannot take him out anywhere because of this..

I do not know why he does this...
    I feel he is more of a danger than my pitbull ever was.

In the end, all dogs an can be dangerous, we must all not forget they do not think like humans do,, anything they can misinterpret can turn out to be a horrible scene.

2|0
    0|0
    • Treat dogs with respect and raise them with love and you will not have an evil dog at all.. but still remember they are dogs and cannot understand every situation as humans do so always be careful and never leave a child unattended with any dog regardless of how trained it is.

• No, they are what their owners raise them to be.
    Pit bulls used to be used as nanny dogs to young children.
    What does that tell you? They were left alone with babies and children more often than not.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The key point is they "CAN" be. If they're raised to be aggressive toward others then absolutely yes, they're a dangerous dog.

However, if they're raised to behave and trained right, they're usually just oversized big puppies then.

They're very strong, built like a mini-tank, and have some hellacious bite force, and some of them tend to be a one-owner dog. I've come across some of the nicest pitbulls though. When they're like that, all they wanna do is just lick you to death and rub themselves all over you. They CAN also be very nice dogs too!

0|0
    0|0
  • The biggest problem with pit bulls, is that any dog can bite, and if a pit bull bites, it can be a real serious bite, compared to many other dog where a bit would cause much less injury.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• They can be, obviously, since so many attacks on other dogs are by pitbulls. But there are more attacks by pitbulls on people than any other dog breed. And if I were walking my dog I would really be nervous by seeing a pitbull off a leash. I guess it really depends on how they are raised . https://www. bing. com/videos/search? q=pitbull+attacks+pug&&view=detail&mid=B7CB0AA4F6A628B9018CB7CB0AA4F6A628B9018C&&FORM=VRDGAR

0|0
    0|0
  • Pets tend to be a reflection of their owner, if you raise them to be aggressive they will be, if you raise them to be kind they will be, but no matter what every dog can be aggressive in certain situations

0|0
    0|0
  • Id look at the statistics on reported dog attacks and which breeds are most commonly reported.

0|1
    0|0
  • All dogs can be aggressive if you train them to be that way. Pitbulls can be very sweet though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is half pitbull she loves and is friendly with people plus she think everyone wants and needs a kiss BUT she is the most stubbornness dog I ever had she must get her way or no way. I have tried everything nothing works. Everything that comes in or to the house is hers. If she can't break or chew up a toy she don't like it. Example we get a bullybox with two toys a treats every month her this month she got hers it took her about 2 minutes to open the box herself no help at all and 8 minutes had one toy chewed up. Also at night and she is sleeping she will completely ignore you you can kiss her all you want and she acts like she dead. However in the morning when she decides she want to wake you up its no kiss but she slaps you in the head with her paw. I love her because to me she an angel

0|0
    0|0
  • The issue with bull terriers is not that they;re more viscous, or bite more frequently than other dogs; that's on how they're socialized. It's how effect their bite is when they do... Remember, they were bred originally by combining bulldogs and terriers, to be ratting dogs. So the broad jaw with sharp teeth and a strong bite allowed them to kill quickly. Points were scored by the number of rats killed vs only injured, and how long it took them to empty the pit of prey. but a tendency to bite humans was strongly discouraged; the handlers didn't want to suffer a like fate. So dogs who bit people were NOT bred ('culled" from the pool.).

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are handsome

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No, most of them are lovely.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the owner