Do you guys believe police brutality is getting worse? The more things I see, I’m afraid to travel the U.S 😶😥?

Honestly me being black there may be a chance I may get profiled. Regardless of my personality and stature. Honestly it scares me sometimes 😥.

Do you guys believe police brutality is getting worse?
Do you guys believe police brutality is getting worse?
Updates:
10 d ago
I do not believe all cops are bad. However this needs to be addressed media or not this trend is becoming more common.

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Unpopular opinion: I believe that most whites are racists (especially if they're from America, UK, Australia, Northern Europe-Germany, Sweden, France). They're imperialists and fascists that judge people by their skin's melanin. If you're a non-white person in these countries, you're considered inferior to them and can be charged with anything...
    The only whites that aren't racists are from Southern European/Mediterranean countries, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Lebanon, or Latin American countries and Argentina The Russians are kind too

0|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

Unpopular but accurate sadly

• Show All
    • 9 d ago

Thank you for MHO! That was unexpected

• 9 d ago

No problem

• I just think more people are getting exposed.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Bruh , u live in Florida? I do too😆😆😆 i just read it on another comment rofl😂😂

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

Thnx 4 MHO😊

• 9 d ago

Np lol

Most Helpful Guys

• Police brutality is definitely getting worse.
    Police are increasingly trained to be more paranoid and aggressive.
    "Roid rage" is prevalent.
    Police departments encourage and defend bad behavior.
    Police unions consistently defend even the worst behavior.
    Police act with impunity, knowing that there is a minuscule chance that they will be held accountable for outright unjustifiable brutality and even murder.

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Not all of them are bad. I do definitely agree with your response and this is what I was looking for I didn’t speak about the media. You touch my question in a precise way thank you.

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

I didn't mean to imply that all cops are bad. In fact, I think the majority are good people. The majority of cops I have interacted with were very professional and polite. Just doing their jobs.

There is a problem, though, in that the vast majority of police remain silently complicit when they witness bad behavior by their fellow cops. That is because they fear reprisal from fellow cops and from the department leaders. Their lives can even be endangered.

• 10 d ago

I agree a lot of cops are good but then you have the bad bunch as well. Your right on target

• Depends what states you visit. Not all cops are bad. Some states and certain areas are more racist then others.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Yes your right Florida doesn’t have as many as those other states. Also there are still a lot of good cops that do their job.

• 9 d ago

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion. That is good that the ones in your area are good and do a good job.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not worse. Just more visible.

0|2
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Even though it’s more visible why are they so quick to pull the trigger now a days?

• 11 d ago

Remaining racism is still a big factor.

• 11 d ago

Guess it will never end and the division will continue 🤦🏾‍♂️

• 99.98% of the time, you will be treated the same way you treat the officers. If you are hit with the lights behind you, and you immediately signal, pull off the road, turn off the car, roll down the windows, and keep your hands on the wheel, you are showing respect for the dangers of their job, and you will be shown respect in return.

If you make them follow you for several miles, pull over with no signal and leave no room for them behind you, leave your windows up and car running and your radio blasting, then you will get some attitude, and if you show more attitude in return, things can get ugly.

The media here will never tell you the officer's side of the story because it doesn't fit their narrative, but lots of people have really bad attitudes and behave in very uncooperative and even threatening ways, and then wonder why they are roughed up. The times when someone gets roughed up for no reason are rare enough to get noticed and make the news, which is a handful of times a year nationwide.

1|0
    1|0
    • 10 d ago

Ever heard of the philandering Castille situation he complied and got shot still

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

Right - you named a single person because that case was so far outside of the norm that it made the national media. I'm not in any way justifying it or anything like that, but that kind of thing is actually very, very rare. Essentially, the officer was overly fearful and over-escalated the situation, and in my opinion should have gotten some prison time. But this was one incident, and American police make about 45 million contacts with citizens every year.

• 10 d ago

How is that very rare there are so many others that don’t make the headline much less police using excessive force on people of color.

• Don't believe the LeftMedia. You look clean cut, really.

Something to remember about local police:

fredoneverything.org/.../

1|2
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

I agree it's all about your look. If you aren't doing anything illegal, don't try to hide anything when they pull you over, or try to run you'll be fine. In every story of police brutality you'll read, they're either doing something illegal, hiding something or running away, or being belligerent to the cops. If you respect cops, they'll respect you

• Show All
    • 11 d ago

I will have to disagree that is true about the bad cops however there are some cops that specifically target a person because there black.

• 11 d ago

Their*

• If you comply with the officer you'll be just fine. Here you can find out why https://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g .. They're simply as scared for their life as you are, if you'll make them feel safe you'll be safe as well.

0|1
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Maybe with some not all there are some cops that are literally out for blood.

• Show All
    • 11 d ago

Instead of raising his hands he reached for where the gun was, getting shot is the only thing one can expect in such situations.

• 11 d ago

If he placed both his hands on the wheel he probably would still be alive even though there was a gun in the car.

• What i believe is blacks need to acknowledge and push back against the negetive stereotypes.
    I think most ,, racist,, people are racist to the stereotypes not people themselves though there are some that will be either way.

More whites are killed by cops than blacks

More blacks are killed by other blacks

More whites killed by other whites

Racial tension got way worse after Obama was in office.

My question is why cam we not just be Americans.

Like when they say on the news a black man was so and so or a black woman so an so why not just say a man or woman, they know ears perk up when they say black. It draws a line in the sand saying there is a difference. Now apply that to hollywood.

I don't know there is equal bullshit on both sides.

Just so people know im not white and I'm not black I'm mixed 8% Nigerian and the rest is french, English etc. Black and white. Probably arab Idfk bit I grew up in the south never believing anyone was less entitled to his constitutional rights than anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

The reason why is is because of all the divisiveness and if your not white in this country you will be profiled one way or another. Yes I’m aware whites are killed by cops. Yes white on white crime do exist. However I’m speaking in a scenario that that’s are actually cops that target and profile blacks and some get killed even if they comply. There can’t be unity because all of the racism that was birthed into the country still is poisoning the definition of being American.

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

Bad cops are bad cops
      Like bad people are bad people.

• 10 d ago

It will never ever be a perfect world because humans are imperfect and we inhabit this world

• I think it is simply that everyone has a phone now. So we find out much quicker than the old days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMYVFmEmx8

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all corrupt media bullshit. Don't let it deter you. The US is the best country on the planet. No reason to be afraid of the police here... unless you're a criminal.

0|0
    0|1
    • 11 d ago

I wish it was that simple but I see black people get profiled a lot. For no reason

• Show All
    • 11 d ago

https://youtu.be/Sf-hoHT3F2M look at this a guy literally sleeping in his car

• 11 d ago

And i seen it happen with my own eyes they weren’t killed but the officer used over-excessive force and he was a minor

• I do not. I think there is just more awareness of it because everyone has cameras and everyone has a way to share it.
    I also believe it is portrayed as happening for more than it actually is. For every brutal arrest there are hundreds arrested non violently.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

That may be true but if they look like a “thug” or look like a”threat” which more than likely they will get profiled and it can happen. It depends on the area yes I think these things happen more in the more less diverse areas.

• You'd have to find an unbiased sorce which I'm pretty confident doesn't actually exist. If anything, media coverage has increased on police brutality. Just like it has on all other violent crimes.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Honestly then putting out there like this showing it all the time make me wonder if I should be concerned for my safety

• Show All
    • 11 d ago

That’s the sad reality of today honestly. Not just blacks either.

• 11 d ago

As a skinny white chick... Yeah, I know.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkm0aJMH2cI
    I suggest to NOT travel the U. S., then. A few other options are still open.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compared to the past no, especially with continued use of body cameras. I do think police need to be trained more on other tactics they can use, & evaluate people to tell if they should be cops better still.

0|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

In a way it can be cause they are carrying more then the used to right? I mean what they are armed with

• Of course you'll get profiled. Because a large part of the criminality is done by black people.
    If you want to be efficient in fighting crimes, you're going to care more about those who are more likely to be criminals. But if you did nothing wrong, you'll get away with it.
    As for police "brutality", most of the time you realize it's just a single occurrence but since medias are talking about it, people think it happens all the time and that all the cops are spending their days beating people.
    Not only that, but today, "brutality" is used for everything, and most of the time it describes something that was necessary to put a criminal down.

0|0
    0|1
    • 11 d ago

You know there is a guy who got shot by police for sleeping in his car?

• 11 d ago

My point is not the media projecting it. What I mean is some of these cops behavior, is the training really working or are they literally out for blood? (Some cops)

• Police brutality sometimes is really needed when either antifa or white supremacists are going crazy... some people just really need to be put down. Just obey the police and don't brake the law and no officer will touch you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

Some people are touched for civil matters and even for nothing at all. It’s not always as simple as you may think.

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

Again of course there is racist police officers but they're fewer than you think

• 5 d ago

I’m aware. However from a young age we are taught we have to becarful cause you never know.

• if it is it is because people are forcing the cops to get that way. how many SJW types have been calling for an outright war on the cops? and these days law makers are more concerned with getting reelected than helping the cops.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Not really because there are cops that still do their job and actually is a help to their community. However then you got cops like those that are an abomination to society

• It might seem like that, because of the media.
    If you're walking home after work like a normal human being, I doubt a polive office is going to empty his clip on you.
    Just don't hang out late at night in sketchy hoods.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

I’m aware the media likes to make stuff like this and blow it up. I’m not talking specifically about the media though. I’m talking about the behavior of these officers and how that links to brutality.. I definitely do watch my environment.

• Yes it is. Why? Police officers are always getting more painful tools to hurt people without ending their lives. This is for riot police only of course.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

And the riots cause more division it’s all whole mess my brother

• Well sir. Me being white i hear you. If you live in peace and go about life under the laws then you will be fine. But i also know that what you are saying is felt ny many

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Yeah I mean they haven’t bothered me but I mean done blacks aren’t so lucky

• Studies don't really indicate that police brutality is increasing. Nor that there is a racial bias.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I see racial bias all the time

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

I mean yes cause there are more of you guys... but I’m talking about in that scenario who will be more likely to survive?

• 10 d ago

The study is proportionately based, so it's not a matter of demographics between whites and blacks. It rounds up in percentage and it actually suggested that only 4% of blacks are victims of police shootings whilst 12% of whites and Hispanics are.

Sure, anytime. I like listening to people's experiences.

• Here in America we have retarded laws that were intended to bust black people, I’m not saying that most cops in America are bad, I’m saying the system is built against black people

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I agree not all cop are bad there are some really good cops and they do there job. However where there is good there is bad as well and there are cops that are certainly out for blood.

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

In America we have the “drug war” started by president Richard Nixon, it is statistically proven that black people are arrested more for possession of drugs, and someone who used to work for Nixon actually admitted that was the point

• 10 d ago

The moral thing to do is to legalize and regulate drugs

• I think it is getting worst and more visible. It also depends on the police training each officer recieves. We need to change it though

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Yup it’s gonna take along time but I believe we can turn it around. It all starts with unity

• Yeah it seems to be, especially in more red states like Michigan and Georgia.

0|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

I’m actually from Detroit Michigan but grew up in Florida god led me from the danger zone I supposed.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

Sometimes I forget it’s a state

• 8 d ago

Lmao it doesn’t feel like it sometimes

• You're on a right-wing site. . I'm not sure how much honesty you expect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Want to see police brutality? Check out video footage of the Yellow Vests protests in France.

0|1
    0|0
  • You'll be okay as long as you dindu nuffin'.

0|0
    0|1
    • 11 d ago

So far ofc I been okay as I’m in a pretty diverse area being in south Florida. However what about other places? Not so sure.

• Nope.
    Why would you think that?

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

People are getting pulled for simply getting profiled and some of these officers don’t seem like they know how to do their job and literally go to the trigger first before anything. When they take a life senselessly there is no true consequence

• Nope it’s not getting worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • hahhaha no.

Jim Crow man. Jim Crow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

The media exaggerates things. Its not as bad as they want you to thinj

• 10 d ago

No its not becoming more common

• Fuck all badge fags. They are thugs with guns and nothing more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the 50s, 60s, 70s were worse. There was just no social media to expose it too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude I'm white and live in Canada and I've been personally assaulted by the police, I was 100% cooperative yet they still broke my nose tazed me and kicked the side of my head, I can't imagine how terrible it must be for a black man in the states

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

It does happen two whites to but we are just more likely to be killed. I’m glad your safe bro. It doesn’t happen as often as media portray it. However I’m sure there are people that comply and they still get killed.

• 10 d ago

I meant to say to*

• No it's fine provided you obey any police officers instructions and don't try to assault or reach for the officers gun as is the case with most police shootings of young black men.
    Living in this America as a young black man you should be more worried about other black men than police.
    I've been assaulted, robbed, mugged, sexually harrassed and assaulted all by black men.

0|2
    1|1
    • 11 d ago

That the thinking that’s gets us profiled when we only account for 12% of the the United States population

• Show All
    • 11 d ago

It’s all the supremecy in our government and the only excuse is that it’s getting better. Whites account for 63% of the U. S I’m sure the rates are way higher for them 🤷🏽‍♂️

• 11 d ago

Like I'm saying I'm more worried about the black men in my community than the cops and so should you be. Thugs will profile you if they think you got money or shot if you give disrespect.
      African Americans are the single biggest perpetrators of gun violence and the biggest victims. We are doing it to ourselves not cops, white people or the government. The only people who say otherwise is black folks who live in white suburbs or college political activists.

• No, police brutality is high in places with enormous crime rates. And used as left wing propaganda. People in jail are there for a crime. As long as you don't kill or steal you'll be fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Ik but for example you have a guy that is profiled because he have dreads and is black but a good individual in the community

• 11 d ago

Your right about the location though

• 11 d ago

Yeah it absolutely depends on where. I move to the US a year ago, and a rich vs a poor community are just different worlds here.

Recommended myTakes