Which gender is more oppressed in society and why?

• Men
  • Women
  • Men and women are treated equally
    Vote C
11 d ago
Western society - America, Canada, U. k., Australia
11 d ago
Also the definition of "oppressed" is not strict. you know what i mean

1135

Most Helpful Guys

• Um... neither is "oppressed." I know you said "Also the definition of 'oppressed' is not strict. you know what i mean" in your update, but... well, no, I don't know what you mean, since neither of them are oppressed. You've used a term here that, without your own personal definition of what you're actually talking about, has led to an unanswerable question. Sorry.

• 10 d ago

well you know those assholes that come in with a dictionary and will pick at a tiny bit of the definition to say "you see, women are not oppressed... BY DEFINITION"? im pretty sure if one of those assholes read what's in my update question, they'll know what I mean. I understand if you don't try to discredit a claim but defining every single fucking and choosing definitions (as they are various definitions for the same word) that will suit them

• 10 d ago

any ways that are possible... it's up to u

• 10 d ago

I don't know the answer then, other than "it's equal" because guys have it worse in some ways and females have it worse in others.

• People who focus on being oppressed prefer to think of themselves as victims. In the US, we all have enough freedoms to do whatever we want in our lives. The question could be rephrased:

Which gender more strongly prefers to think of itself as victims?

• 11 d ago

your username does not precede you

• 7 d ago

@sadassad @sadassad I don't think you really read my comment. I think women should be encouraged to make choices to lead them to earn as much money as men. and I already explained to you the issue I have about blaming women for circumstances when they lag behind yet wanting to make systemic changes in areas where men lag behind. I presented you some evidence that does say "men have a tendency to not seek help" which u can call "a choice" yet you still want systemic changes for men. why not call for systemic changes to help women get ahead

• 7 d ago

You just explained the argument by yourself so saying that for "every 1 dollar a man makes a woman makes 60" its utter bs. The way the "wage gap" is calculated is by taking the wage of an average man and comparing it to an average's woman wage not considering any factors at all! If women don't want to go for more higher paying jobs let them be! I haven't seen any men being encouraged to aim for higher paying jobs. Its what people prefer its all statistics.

Most Helpful Girls

• In other societies (non Western), women are more oppressed. I think it has something to do with cultures and religion. I think men are more oppressed in America, especially when it comes to crimes. They're more likely to be victims of a violent crime and they get longer sentences for the same crimes women commit.

• Women generally. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. If you want to be convinced of that and lose all faith in the majority (not all) of the male species then read their pathetic pig-headded opinions on this website, it's sad.

• 10 d ago

Both have rights and also areas where they're wrongly exploited. But generally women have always been more repressed and to some degree still are (just look around the world). But thankfully it's on the road to improvement. That doesn't mean I agree with the extreme feminists. But men can't deny that they've always had the advantage there, and still do to some degree.

• 10 d ago

At the end of the day though we each have many same but also different strengths and weaknesses, so instead of focusing on the negative we should be embracing the positive and making it work to all of our advantage.