What Do You Think Of The Abortion Ban?

Personally, I think it’s disgusting. Taking away a women’s right to abortion is removing the rights to her body. getting an abortion is already a traumatizing experience, yet, everyone seems to think women are getting them for fun. These states do not care about abortion, they care about stripping women from their fundamental rights.
Updates:
3 d ago
tubal ligation doesn’t work for everyone because some people plan on having kids later on.. here’s an idea: MEN, GET A VASECTOMY! THEY ARE REVERSIBLE. MEN, DO NOT EJACULATE! MEN, USE CONDOMS. oh but you guys don’t like people telling you what to do. maybe if men weren’t so disrespectful we wouldn’t have to worry about a pregnant women getting raped. don’t bother responding, i’m not talking to a 20 year old man who isn’t even able to carry a child about something he can never fully grasp.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Entirely inns and I excusable, a show of complete lack of respect to women. I won’t stand for it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There is nothing in the Constitution that says that women have a right to abortions. That right rests upon a court decision from 1973. If the court reviews this issue, it has the power to reverse that decision.

Whether it is strictly a woman's right depends on how you view the life in her womb. That person growing in her womb has rights, too.

I don't know anyone who thinks that women have abortions for fun, but I know many people who think that it is literally insane that many women use abortion as their primary form of birth control.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

"That person growing in her womb has rights, too." <-- if it's a person.

Do many women use abortion as their primary form of birth control? Are you sure about that? I know Conservatives love to think that, but I don't see much evidence it actually happens.

• Show All
    • 2 d ago

@TheSpartan Whether you like it or not, this is a continuum fallacy. It's also called the "Fallacy of the Beard". You should look it up some time.

Anyway, science is very clear that a fetus, and the stages before and after that, is living human tissue. Science doesn't have anything to say about whether or not that tissue is equivalent to a person.

Zits are typically made up of dead skin cells, oil and pus. Pus is a combination of both living and dead bacteria which aren't human and some combination of both living and dead leukocytes, aka white blood cells. If you were to do a genetic sampling of the sputum of a popped zit, you'd end up with a combination of human DNA and bacteria DNA, which is the same thing you'd get if you were to do a genetic sampling of a fetus.

It's obvious to everyone that a zit isn't a person, but technically (scientifically) it's a combination of human and bacterial tissue, which is exactly what people are made of. Our designation of personhood to a fetus is a combination of religion and an expectation of some future state in which the fetus becomes a functional human. The only question is when, which is a fallacy because there is no clear point at which a fertilized egg becomes a person. Laws, such as the one in Georgia, stipulate that a fetus is a person when it develops a heartbeat. However, even this is arbitrary, as all mammals, reptiles and birds have a heartbeat.

• 2 d ago

@HungLikeAHorsefly Genetically human tissue, yes. Not a human being.

• Perfect, and women like you should be stripped from some of their rights because they have too many while others have NONE

You can always go cry and nag in a feminazi groups and shout "death to men"

0|1
    1|0
    • 4 d ago

stripped from what rights? men and women should be equal.

• Show All
    • 2 d ago

By all means, enjoy whatever lifestyle you want, and do enslave a woman if that´s what you want, as long as it´s consensual. What I and many others have a problem with is people like you trying to push your extremist views and lifestyle on others.

• 2 d ago

@_dude_ i don't enslave women and i never pushed my views on anyone else, if you felt like this than i'm sorry for you, i'm just like anyone else on this site speaking my mind and my point pf view and if there are some people who doesn't like it, than it doesn't mean that i'm forcing it on anyone...

I guess that i have the freedom of speech and if your going to start from somewhere, i suggest that you start from the female feminazis who will be happy for your pain and death... try to see your real enemy and not an ordinary guy who'a just speaking the truth.

• I think too many women use abortion as their form of birth control, just because either a guy doesn't want to use a condom or she doesn't want him too. If women don't want to get pregnant than use birth control or get your tubes tied. Or maybe pay attention in Sex Ed instead of sexting your boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Killing babies because of an inability to practice safe sex is disgusting. I think it’s crazy that we live in a society in which this is just accepted and the people doing it are saying we’re disgusting lol. Just take a moment to think about what you’re standing up for. Why isn’t adoption a thought process? Am I living in the twilight zone? This is just crazy to me that this is so acceptable lol.

0|2
    0|0
  • A baby isn’t your body. When you decided to have sex and risked getting pregnant to do it you take on the risk of carrying another human in your body and you let go of your individual right precisely because you were given the freedom to make a choice when you weren’t smart enough to make the right choice. Now because you are incapable of making the right choice others must do it for you.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Nothing to add after that I guess... You’re damn right.

• First, let me preface what I'm about to say by pointing out that my grandmother (who was one of my primary guardians as a child) is from Alabama, and I've spent a significant amount of time in the deep South.

I just hope this abortion bullshit doesn't spread to states that actually matter. You know, ones with a real economy that aren't cultural backwaters the rest of us have to chip in to pay for.

0|1
    0|1
  • What do you pro-abortion people think of these videos? ↗

HA, I'll answer your question with my question.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Women dont have the right to brutally murder their unborn child. It's soo brutal, they dont even get to take their first breath.

• Men dont even have rights to their own foreskin lmao.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

that’s just as fucked up. circumcision is disgusting. truly.

• 4 d ago

but then again, it’s the parents choice AND they have the option. they aren’t being forced.

• 3 d ago

Vascectomies are not reversible. After 1 year of vasectomy 50% of the man's fertility declines because the body sends anti bodies to kill the sperms, if reversed the body keeps doing this. It cannot be truly reversed..

• I agree it a really dumb idea to ban abortion if you dont believe in abortion then dont get one but dont take away everybody else's right to choose

1|0
    1|2
  • You people keep using rape, incest, and condoms AND pills not working, as a way to justify all abortions but that's such a tiny percentage of unwanted pregnancies, even if it's 10% it's still a small amount. We can check if the pregnancy was caused by rape, we can check if it's incest, or the baby is unhealthy or the mother is, etc.
    So what I'm saying is, hey, most pregnancies are just bloody idiots making mistakes like they always do, and I'm against abortions in those cases which is the majority of cases.
    But in the rare cases where the causes are rape, incest, health problems, etc, we check to see the truth, and if it is justified (and it can be) then we perform it.
    Also, if the abortion is justified, perform it early on.

1|1
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

there's so much wrong with what you're saying, but your cognitive dissonance is so immense you're acting in a sexist way which creates a pretty damn funny irony

• Getting an abortion is too easy in today's society, the fact that someone is kicking back is just a natural reaction. Stop pop-culture abortions, AKA "fun abortions".

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck your perceived “rights”. If you don’t want a kid, then don’t have sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with the ban.

0|4
    0|2
    • 4 d ago

so you believe that 11 year olds who get raped should carry the baby? you believe that we should continue to throw kids into the foster system so they can live a miserable life?

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

I don't think someone that was truly raped should carry it, but for those women that don't know how to keep their legs closed, if they can get an abortion I think that would be them "having their cake and eating it too" so to speak.

• 4 d ago

Except that ban stops rape victims from getting an abortion either. If my memory serves it also outlaws most contraception as well.

• I'm against killing babies

0|1
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Me too. But I don't care so much about killing embryos.

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

by the way there are about 15 different types of contraceptives. Pick a few and enjoy them. Don't act like women aren't consenting to risky sex. Start taking responsibility for your actions instead of hunting for special treatment. If a guy isn't using a condom, don't have sex. You have no access to contraceptives? Don't have sex. How about that? You want men not to have a say in abortion then it shouldn't be up to men to make sure it doesn't happen. Obviously I don't believe that but if you want the former then you should take the latter too. Don't be a hypocrite

• 3 d ago

By that I meant if men shouldn't have a say in abortion then men shouldn't be the ones obligated to make sure you don't get pregnant.

• It’s an abomination and immoral.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it's a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Population growth.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like saying men should have the right to rape

0|0
    0|1
  • Us pro lifers care about the babies inside

0|1
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

men don’t get to speak for women. especially men under 18.

• 4 d ago

Im not speaking for women im speaking for the unborn child that can't speak

• being brought up religious i am against abortion when mother does it for no good reason, but if its rape or financial issues or something serious then i fully agree that abortion is right thing and this ban especially in alabama where all the stereotypical incest jokes originate just makes it worse. is very sad and downvote this law

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes