Bakery in Ohio wins a Massive verdict against Oberlin College for nearly destroying their business, I think its a good thing, What do you think?

The owners of an Ohio bakery who sued for libel after being targeted by student protests won Friday an $11 million verdict against Oberlin College.

A Lorain County jury ordered Oberlin to pay $11 million in compensatory damages to Gibson’s Bakery, a local fixture since 1885 that was beset by protests and racism allegations after three black students were arrested for shoplifting the day after the 2016 presidential election.

Personally i think its a massive victory, and should be a hard lesson learned that if you go out to purposefully slander, defame and destroy a family simply for protecting their property. Sadly most leftists and libs won't agree with this. won't understand there are consequences to their actions... Perhaps this will be a first of many steps in curbing groups like that.

I have linked an article about it as well as a video.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/06/verdict-jury-awards-gibsons-bakery-11-million-against-oberlin-college/
A hard lesson learned, and a victory for justice.
Vote A
People shouldn't be held accountable for defamation or libelous, slanderous speach.
Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Updates:
1 mo
For those saying that people that go to Oberlin College wouldn't shop lift because of how much tuition costs... The individuals that stole from the bakery were caught on CCTV number one... And number 2 more importantly they plead guilty and were convicted of the crime.

1 mo
The progressive, ultra leftist Professor Meredith Raimondo was held liable for Defamation of character and Libel. Because she with the intent of damaging the bakery, encouraged her students to boycot the bakery, and protest using lies. Last i checked lying about someone with the intent of causing damage, and then causing said damage is not covered under the first amendment.
Bakery in Ohio wins a Massive verdict against Oberlin College for nearly destroying their business, I think its a good thing, What do you think?
Add Opinion