What is something interesting that you found in your town/neighborhood YEARS after living in it?

Last summer I just found out about a NAZI cemetery in my hometown's mountain in Tunisia.
I always saw the buildings on top of the mountain but I thought it was a tiny village, turns out it's a Nazi cemetery from WW2 for the dead German soldiers (Afrika Korp) during the campaign of North Africa in 1943.

I wasn't very interested in the history of WW2 but it makes me wanna learn more about Afrika Korp!

b
b

Afrika Korp
Afrika Korp
Italian and German soldiers surrendering to the allied forces in Grombalia, Tunisia (1943)
17
5