Why is the notion of logic so foreign these days to the majority, it's always either one extreme or the other?

AlexanderBrunnrgaard
The political climate in the Western world is incredibly tainted with an overbearing air of idiocy and extremism. It is the trend in discourse that if I believe A, I must also by default believe B in every circumstance, and if I disapprove of this, I must also completely condemn and actively wage war against that.

A border wall might not be necessary, but I do not support unchecked immigration either.

I support given human rights for everyone including lgbt, but that should not force me to change my mind about basic biology.

I support abortion when absolutely necessary or when endangering the mother's life, but I do not believe it should be easy access to, or performed without deep consideration.

I do support equality between genders, but I also think there are areas of life which presents disadvantages to males.

Police should not target minorities but neither should white people be treated as the curse of the earth or blamed for things they did not do.

Why has this rational and really obviously correct state of mind become so estranged from today's society?
0
4