Which would be the proper "Welcome sign" on Lady Liberty in New York Harbor?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-statue-of-liberty-ken-cuccinelli-europe-20190814-fbaln7rrejafrmsylb54gvnu64-story.html- Statue of Liberty poem was only supposed to welcome white immigrants ‘from Europe,' Cuccinelli says

The hardline White House official who slammed the famed poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty now claims the verse was only supposed to welcome white immigrants.
Ken Cuccinelli, the acting Immigration and Citizenship Services boss, told CNN that the “give me your poor, your tired” no longer makes sense in today’s world where many immigrants and refugees are non-white people from developing nations.
“Of course that poem was referring back to people coming from Europe,” Cuccinelli told Erin Burnett Tuesday.
“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
"Give me your tired, your poor who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge."
Only Europeans allowed - No one else.
Vote C
GirlGuy
1
1