If you found a Tyrannosaurus Rex Skeleton embedded in rock formations in North America on public land and only you knew about it What Would You Do?

GermanGuy87
This is a hypothetical situation and we're assuming you found it some place very remote

This skeleton would be over 40 ft long and 15 feet tall. Contain over 250 bones. The skull alone could be about 5 feet long and weighing possibly more than 2,500 Ibs.

The specimen would be worth Millions of dollars at the right Auction

What are your thoughts?
Tell a government Agency
Show it to a paleontologist
Keep it a secret and try to excavate it yourself with rented equipment in one big undercover operation
Vote C
Only dig out the Skull b/c the entire thing is entirely too large and perhaps you could sell it on the black market
Vote D
take some pictures w your iphone for your scrap book b/c its only mildly interesting and fossils are boring
Vote E
Show it too all your friends and family
Vote F
Just chisel out a tooth as a souvenir and never speak of it
Vote G
GirlGuy
9 mo
I think I would excavate it myself using some rental equipment. Maybe a jackhammer a bob cat forklift and one of those backhoe loaders. Wrap it all up in plaster of paris. Haul it into a large rental truck and take it too a secure warehouse.
Then perhaps go shopping for a local private land owner. Find somebody who would be willing to say that I found it on their property (that way its legally theirs and they can sell it without breaking the law ) Cut them in on the profits and sell to a museum
1
6