Family member just hung up on me because I told them I don't want to hang out if they are in a rush to get somewhere else. How am I the bad guy?

ronaldo75
I have a family member who comes to my city once in a while but stopping by to see me is 100% ALWAYS a quick stop I can tell they make just to get it out of the way. The entire time it feels like they have something better to do and they're insanely distracted. Then EVERY time they rush off to hang out with a hand full of their old high school friends where they usually stay the night and party.

Today I'm actually a bit busy so I told them this then told them to just cut to the chase and go see their old friends and not waste time hanging out with me for an hour knowing they're going to run off right away. So they just said "wow, you're acting like a little kid... you're not the only person I know in New York" and LITERALLY hung up.

No, I'm not the only person they know in NYC but I'm also dealing with a ton of errands at the moment and some bullshit meet up at a bar for 30 mins with someone i KNOW doesn't want to be there is a waste of time. Also keep in mind this is someone with 3 kids in New York I've NEVER met because they're always too busy to introduce me.
People don't like being called out on their bullshit.
You're making too much of it. Relax.
GirlGuy
3
0