Do I care too much or too little?

Growing up I’ve always been an over thinker and worrier. I’ve been told by a few people who know me the most that I care too much what people think. I often sugar coat things I want to say and that is IF I say them at all. I’ll avoid confrontation and conflict if I can rather than be blunt and up front like my man and my friends who proudly say they “don’t give a fuck.”

This is something I’ve been working on.

However, at the same time, I’m often criticized by my grandma (who lives near me) that I “don’t care about anything but myself.” At least once a week she lays into me about how I never listen or take her advice because I “don’t care” or it will be something I could have or should have done (usually for her).

For example she’ll say “you knew my leg was bothering me and you didn’t think to care to grab the mail for me on your way to work.”

I’ll vent my frustration about this to my man and he says I care too much what she thinks.

So i have people telling me I care too much and her telling me I don’t care enough.

I don’t know how to respond to people anymore. I can’t ever seem to get a balance between being too accommodating and selfish, apparently.
Do I care too much or too little?
3
0