How often do you feel like people are prioritizing their phones over you?

I honestly am never around people who do this. I guess I am blessed with a small amount of good people who really like and respect me when we do see each other which is not so often, and they have great manners and similar values and prioritize the people they do have in their lives, so I always have very lively conversations. So I am not complaining about this, personally. I just see people around me do it often, and I wonder if the other person sitting there is bothered. And when both or all people are on their phones, is it often because one person started it, did it first, and so the other (s) followed suit? I think it's somewhat acceptible with people you know well or see often, but also it's super rude on a date. But I am older and could have different values. Just wondering how it's affecting people, and their views on society in general. Is it a problem for you, or the new normal?
(And I'm not talking about brief or emergency calls, or a minor quick text to communicate practical planning or logistical stuff with someone else. I'm talking more about socializing with others or looking for other entertainment while they're with you and ignoring you.)
Is this what you wanna do to their phones?
Often. Most of the time when I am with people they are on their phones and I feel it's kind of rude. I feel like I am never the priority/1st choice, even though I am sitting right there with them.
Quite often. I don't mind it with people I know well, but with everyone else when we are having a conversation, I wish they would focus on our conversation more.
I don't often think this, as I like to be on my phone a lot, and I don't curb my own habits/style when I am around others.
Vote C
GirlGuy
10
9