Need to get another roommate/tenant. Prefer a straight young professional guy like my other roommate and myself. Am I allowed to post that on ads?

Anonymous
So long story short I had to ask one of my long time tenants to leave (he was living at my place for almost 3 years). So a room is going to be available for rent in a month.

Both my other tenant/roommate and myself are hard working professional guys. We are both hetero and sometimes have girls over. I had a girlfriend for 7 months that would come by on weekends. He’s a big ladies man himself and often has girls over.

Anyway I’ve decided that I don’t want to rent to a woman. In my experience they are much more difficult to live with. Also my roommate and I won’t be able to have our occasional locker room talk if she’s around. At least not as comfortably. Last but not least I don’t want the remote risk of dealing with some #metoo bullshit. It’s not likely but not impossible that she could make up some false crap if we don’t get along and/or if I have to evict her. I just don’t want to deal with that.

Second thing is I prefer other straight guys living in my place. I have gay friends but cohabiting would be extremely awkward if they have one of their “friends” over. I briefly lived with a guy like that a few years ago. He was a awesome guy but he occasionally had some guys over and I could hear what was going on through the walls. No offense to those guys, but the thought of that kind of behavior makes my stomach wretch. I’m not a bigot if I don’t want to hear that.

Can I legally post on my rent ads I only want a hetero male roommate? I see “female only” posts all the time. But can I say “hetero male only” without getting sued or fined?
3
3