Will getting help for mental illness prevent me from owning a gun in the future?

Anonymous
I've been dealing with issues regarding my mental health, and I think I really need help because it's really starting to affect my everyday life.

But I've been scared to, with all these mass shootings happening it seems like mental illness has become a taboo, something looked down upon. I know that owning a gun may not seem important or it might seem concerning, but I live in a bad area and I always feel like a target for a thug who has a gun illegally (the irony) and I can't legally purchase a gun until my 21st birthday next year.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and I think I may have schizophrenia, I don't know I never got diagnosed. I keep having very disturbing thoughts and visions and I keep hearing voices telling me disturbing things and sounds that aren't even there. I have never committed a crime in my life, not even a traffic violation. My health insurance covers mental health care.

I believe my mental issues are caused my past trauma and a lifetime of bottled up emotions, and I have nobody close to talk to, my mother is narcissistic and may be one of the primary causes of my issues.

I'm afraid that if I do seek help I'll be seen as less than human and have my rights taken away. I may be mentally ill, but I'm still a human being and a legal U. S. citizen, and I'm entitled to the same rights as everyone else, including the 2nd amendment.
3
6