Gun owners, what is lowest level of crime that would make you reach for your weapon?

First of all let me say I shoot game so I'm not against gun ownership. However I don't believe in guns for self defence or crime prevention by civilian. My logic is victims of crime are in a highly emotional state and are likely to think rationally. Should someone look out the window at night and see somebody stealing stuff out of the garden it is easy in a fit of rage to kill, taking a life over a garden gnome is simple wrong but anger clouds the mind. However I understand why people kill when they feel their life is endangered.
So if you own a gun for defence or security what is the bare minimum of provocation that makes you put your finger on trigger, not necessarily pull it.
8 mo
Alternatively have you had a gun pulled on you over a minor incident or even been shot.
8 mo
I own both a shotgun and a rifle. Both are only ever used for hunting or fox control.
25
4