Anyone else think solar power in a joke in 2 states of the United States? Washington and Alaska?

I’m primarily thinking if 2 states. Solar power is great when the sun is shining in most of the country it would be very useful. Until you get north of the 46th parallel and west of the cascade mountain range (basicly western Washington think seattle ). East of the cascade solar would work wind would work. But on the west side of Washington and in Alaska solar fails 9 months out of the year and in some parts of Alaska you get sun for 3 hours a day so our only option Is the most environmentally destructive from of clean energy is the only one that can be used.

I’m talking hydroelectric dams. The reason why this form is power is destructive is 1 you have to clean canyon by blasting the terrain and then making it smooth enough where you can build. Once the dam is built it prevents native fish populations from getting to there spawning grounds. We use to have hundreds of millions of salmon going up the Columbia river going as far north into Canada. Because of the dams there no longer is a salmon run in Canada on the Columbia river. As well has it has significantly reduced the salmon population which in turn has decimated the orca population reducing the orca population from 1000 to 68. If we hydroelectric power in the second state I’m thinking of where renewable energy is a joke we would slowly See the forest the forest die A significant Duction and the bear population because let’s face it the fish population is going to go first and then the bear population is going to go next along with the ocean predators that rely on the salmon that go through Alaska. Hydro electric power is a very bad idea in these places.
Updates:
8 mo
wind can work in south west Washington but once you get around forks (think twilight) you get rain and some heavy wind but not enough heavy wind that wind power is sustainable same with Alaska. So what I’m thinking is let the states of Washington and Alaska keep there carbon emissions and use green energy on the east side of Washington but also allow them to use gas the rest of the United States yes we should transition into green energy but these 2 states unless you want to kill off the w
8 mo
Wildlife
Anyone else think solar power in a joke in 2 states of the United States? Washington and Alaska?
Add Opinion