How much damage would it take for you to consider taking someone to small claims court?

HOAAH
a year ago my neighbor was burning garbage and her fire got out of control. It burned down my fence, part of my children's play set and three of our trees.

Today, the three trees are growing mushrooms and you can see that they were damaged by the fire. The one tree behind our fence is falling down, branches after branches. When a big branch fell down, we got someone to remove it and we fixed our neighbor's fence along with ours because she kept on emailing and texting us to remove the tree and fix the fence. We thought that that was going to be it, but a week later another large branch fell down on top of our fence mostly and a little bit on her fence.

What I really want to do is get a professional tree person to look at all three trees and tell us it was damaged by the fire. Get the report from the fire department that it was her fire that caused our trees to be damaged. Give us an estimate of removing all three burnt trees, and replanting three new trees in our yard for shade. I feel like I would have to go to small claims court and I have never done that before. I don't want to hire a lawyer either, as it all seems like it will cost a lot of money.

My husband says we just get the estimate, pay a couple thousand of dollars to remove the tree and just try to avoid our neighbor because we have to live with her. What would you do?
less than 10 thousand dollars
over ten thousand dollars
GirlGuy
4
2