You discover a friend/SO is racist. You give them a chance to change? This is something you can’t forgive? You do not believe this can change? Other?

VIVANT
Depending upon how severe. I’d break up with initially. I would consider getting back together. IF they wanted to and were able to work through their issues.
I believe in rehabilitation.. If it were minor. I Would consider staying with them for a specified period of time. IF they seemed eager to change. To give them a chance.
I Would lose too much respect for them to be Attracted and or able to see them the same way ever again. Even if they could change. I Would leave.
Vote C
It’s moot. I don’t believe a person can undo deep seeded antagonism towards unknown people. Too irrational to work with.
Vote D
Other.
Vote E
GirlGuy
7 mo
I think as concerns dehumanizing outlook/ behavior I think the whole world has a right and responsibility to say its wrong... isn’t that the point of United Nations after world war 2. Though in my opinion , it came quite late considering the existence of Slavery for hundreds of years before.

Racism is not like simply preferring a certain kind of color or cooking or clothing style.

We all have bad experiences in life. That does not give anyone license to trample on others humanity.

7 mo
Now, if the solution to racism is all non racists just steer clear of racists, then all the racists are left to feed off of and brain wash each other. Then you have armies of sick individuals, organizing and going in for the kill... Which is what has happened throughout history.

That is why “walking away” is not exactly always the obvious solution to me. Though of course on a personal level it is toxic and I don’t want to be around it. Of course. I weigh that against moral obligation.
32
9