People who walk dogs off leash and act like you’re the problem when they approach your on leash dog, what’s you opinion?

sjoes006
Look, I’m not a saint in this area because on remote running trails I either have my dog off leash or on a very thin leash that drags.

BUT she always had a no pull harness and I often run with a thicker leash draped across my neck in case. For her safety and other dogs, she chases wildlife and so I may need that leash to help guide her back.

Again, that’s in large parks, you can see the other runner with dog and that’s what both parties do as soon as you see the other runner.

Yesterday some dude had his two small dogs, one full grown (small) and one a pup off leash. There’s a fence on a hill that allows for 2 ft of cross under. Immediately I know I’m going to be left to try and fend off these dogs while the owner stays on the other side and doesn’t help.

The dude is like she just yaps it’s fine.

My Pup is super excited to see to pups but trying to nip off the other dog. I can’t pickup either offending dog since I’m pulling the reign back on my pup.

i tell the dude, look I’m not worried about my dog, I’m worried for your older dog. My pup is on a leash and friendly but she does NOT like being on a leash when dogs run up like that in a nonplayfull manner, but kept her cool. We had to walk by again on the way home, same thing. She was cool about it but stressed.

i know city ordinance it on my side but as a dog owner what would you do for your dog in either situation?

My “pup” is amazing but she’s 8 years old, over 60 pounds, so medium and you can tell that she’s a hunting dog used to tree and catch game as well as bay wild hogs.

She wanted to play with the puppy then was off put by the puppy but she will snap or nip if an adult dog charges her even if small.

I don’t understand why people think it’s okay to have small dogs that do t act right off leash wherever. Again, concerned for your dog. If my dog hurts your dog my dog is fine legally because you’re the one breaking the law.
6
2