Should Companies be allowed to shut down your power when you have paid for the survives?

Personally I think if you Are a paying customer Who pays their utility bills on time The utilities company should not be allowed to shut down your power and if the utility companies equipment is so old that it causes fires then the company should have to pay the damages and bankruptcy should not be an option. Of course were talking about PGE Pacific Gas & Electric (Obviously if you aren’t paying your utilities bill you can get your power shut down )

the reason why I think this this should be illegal is when PGE shut down power to hundreds of thousands of people like what if happening in California Not only is it bad business practice to not provide service in which you as a business are being paid to provide The electrical service PGE is also affecting stores and businesses Like restaurants and grocery stores. by shutting down their electricity PGE is not only causing major business expense by having to hire cold trunks to keep things like meat, dairy Frozen foods (like frozen pizza), and Fruit and vegetables from going bad. PGE is also put the food people bought for themselves at risk of going bad which causes people to get sick. The average citizen doesn’t have the money to pay for cold truck so by shutting down people power you are putting average person is danger of getting sick.
this is the main reason why i think it should be illegal for Pacific gas and electric to shut down the power to hundreds of thousands if not millions of people I get it if people aren’t paying their electricity bill which case yeah there is probably should have their power shut off but if you were paying your bills on time there is no reason for you to get your power shut off the company has failed and it services to you the consumer and thousands of other consumers Who need electricity in order to survive this could have a negative affect on health, education etc. this is why I believe that utility company should not be allowed to shut down utilities to paying customer
Should Companies be allowed to shut down your power when you have paid for the survives?
Add Opinion