Why are whites given a hard time for cultural appropriation?

For starters, this was a white woman arguing for "my people," against "her people," since whites adopting non-white cultural styles is so terrible lol.

1.) there's nothing racist about embracing another races culture.

In fact, that's the opposite of racism that typically wants to eliminate other races, socially and physically at times - hence the holocaust.

Look at me:
Definitely not black culture right? This is Victorian Gothic, from white culture, as goth never existed anywhere in Africa, or African American culture for that matter.
Vampire Ball 2019
Vampire Ball 2019
(The whitest vampire ever stepped right in front of the flash 😆)

There were actually quite a few blacks, hispanics and Asians attending, having embraced this aspect of Euro-American culture.

So how racist am I? Are we? Are we making fun of white people by harmoniously enjoying aspects of their culture together?

So how are they making fun / being racist by embracing hip hop, tanning their skin, learning Spanish, or wearing oriental dresses for school dances?

Yea, there's a line such as dressing up like another culture then acting stereotypical to mock them, in the case of "black facing," but how many times do non-whites make "valley girl/guy," voices and mock white people?

omg Becky... we do it like totally ALL THE TIME.
I literally like, dressed up as a dead cheerleader one Halloween, and everyone found it hilarious that I like, talked like an idiotic white girl with my toasted brain-mocha frappuccino Starbucks cup.

😑
18
5