What are your thoughts on the COVID19 stay-at-home orders & prohibitions against public gatherings?

mistixs
"90% of the country [has] been told to[…] stay indoors except for certain essential activities, which include buying food and seeking medical treatment. Officials have emphasized that the orders do not completely bar people from leaving their homes, and have encouraged residents to take walks — provided they stay at least 6 feet away from anyone not in their household."
https://www.thecut.com/article/what-does-shelter-in-place-mean.html

Your thoughts? I think it's justified, to minimize the impact of COVID19. Sure, if people go to gatherings, they're choosing to risk getting COVID19, but the problem is that they might spread the germs to other people who HAVEN'T chosen to go to non-essential gatherings.
For example, someone might be staying home all the time, except to get groceries so they don't starve to death, & then they pick up COVID19 from going to the store, because there was some inconsiderate douchebag who decided to go to large gatherings & then brought COVID19 germs into the store.
Same for young people who go to nonessential gatherings & then bring home COVID19 to their at-risk parents and grandparents. I know my sister would probably still be going to bars if they weren't closed, & she'd be putting my 60 year old mother at risk whenever she came home.

Some people say that the prohibitions on gatherings are violating the Constitutional "right to assembly", but the Constitution wasn't written with a deadly pandemic in mind. Plus the Constitution was written during a time when people didn't even know what a germ was.
Many aspects of the Constitution are timeless; what is not timeless is the ignorance (during that time period) regarding how to slow the spread of pandemics.
So what are your thoughts on the COVID19 stay-at-home orders & prohibitions against public gatherings?
I think it's justified, and it's NOT a human rights violation.
I think it IS justified, although it IS a human rights violation.
I think it's a human rights violation, & it's not justified. However, it COULD be justified if the pandemic was MUCH more deadly.
Vote C
I think it's a human rights violation, & it's not justified. These prohibitions wouldn't be justified even if the Black Plague was going around.
Vote D
I don't think it's a human rights violation, but it's not justified. However, it COULD be justified if the pandemic was MUCH more deadly.
Vote E
I don't think it's a human rights violation, but it's not justified. These prohibitions wouldn't be justified even if the Black Plague was going around.
Vote F
No opinion
Vote G
GirlGuy
56
8