Do sanctions ever actually work? Why doesn’t the US military just grow some balls and intervene in Venezuela?

Everyone knows about the humanitarian crisis that exists there. I’m not going to go into great lengths of detail about that. The latest polls show their current “president” with 20% support. Mass protests taking place all over the capital and country. Mass emigration, severe inflation, food shortages. Why doesn’t the world actually insist on doing what’s right instead of silently watching? Providing humanitarian aid to the country doesn’t actually fix the underlying cause of the issue. It appears to me that sanctions never actually work either because those in power stay in power and the only ones that end up feeling repercussions are businesses and workers within the respective country. Effectively sanctions do more to punish citizens than they do governments.

I understand that there are negative connotations with American intervention in Latin America, as it has led to many dictators through US backed coups, however the motive for US involvement in this situation is entirely different, in the sense that it’s more about acting out of interests among a country’s citizens than about opposing an ideology (socialism). If we were to temporarily seize power couldn’t we oversee a democratic election or put Guaido in power? There’s a clear difference in results between direct and indirect involvement, as the current actions we have been taking have largely failed to produce any meaningful results.

What I still don’t understand is why even Juan Guaido himself is asking for the US to not intervene.
1
13