The term Racism is used way to loosely today. Do people truly understand what racism is?

LVbrando85
Don't get me wrong, there are biases present in everyone on some level. Whether its subconscious or not, we all have preconceived notions and ideas about certain groups of people. It could be based on race or gender and even religion. Its a flaw of man kind. But It seems like EVERYTHING is considered racist today. Its a shame really. People use this word way to loosely without truly understanding what a racist is at their very core. If a guy thinks that I have multiple baby mommas and bad credit because I'm black, it doesn't make him racist. It makes him stupid, ignorant and misinformed for assuming. But it doesn't make him a hateful racist. He may actually want to have a beer with me once he gets to know me. We may become good friends. Now if he won't have a drink with me BECAUSE I'M BLACK... Now thats racist!!! Lol They are not the same thing. One is bred out ignorance and lack of information. While the other is bred out of pure hate. Thoughts? I think this is a conversation that needs to be had in this painful PC culture we currently live in today...
2
12