Why won’t my black friend accept that I want to identify as “mixed race” could it be that offensive?

anonbrunette99
my skin colour is brown - it’s me in my profile picture but I was brought up around my white family in a “white” city... so naturally I feel inclined to call myself mixed race as genetically a white lady birthed me & a black man is my father, therefore I’m obviously half black. but he told me I’m too dark to identify as mixed & when anyone asks I should say I’m black & he tells me I’m racist for previously dating white guys and he finds it “insulting” PS: this man has never met me but we have mutual friends & have spoken online for a long time

Me and my brother both hate being called black - it’s not how we choose to identify , & regardless of how “dark” a person is I feel like you can’t argue with DNA. But my friend always does? WHY is it so offensive?
6
7