Why do people think just because someone is disabled or terminally ill that makes them a st. ?

Alice2398
There's this woman i know who is disabled, there's a lot of rumours she's faking it for benefits. She's such a bully but no one will confront her about it. She volunteers at the local youth cafe which is now closing down because she's scared off all the teens with her mean behaviour and she got to be in charge just because she played the disabled card.

she's meant to be blind but one day me and my dad were painting the church hall and she was filming us and when i was alone told me my dad was doing a bad job and needed to stop watching her or she was going to report him to the man who runs the Community Centre. I told her i thought she was blind and she got nasty with me and ran away with her walking stick. I told my dad about this once he came back. He said we should feel sorry for her, she probably doesn't have much of a life being disabled.

I also had a dance teacher who was a total bitch and ripped off people all the time. I was telling a friend not to go with her for dance lessons and she shouted at me and said "how dare you she's had cancer".

There was even a boy in high school who had cerebral palsy he was a total bully and abused every girlfriend he had. He burnt his girlfriends hair off so no other boys would look at her and would constantly beat her up but no can say anything about it especially now he's terminally ill.

I understand what my dad said was probably right but these people don't have much a life going for them and are probably miserable and insecure because of how life has delt them a bad hand but at the same time there's some amazing people i know who have struggled with illness and disability so why should these people be aloud to be terrible just because they are ill.

My boyfriend mother has had on and off cancer and decides to spend her time raising money for the charity that supports her disable brother.
1 mo
I have a friend who had to have her leg amputated at birth and has back problems but she still decides to be a lovely, kind, gentle person. I knew a guy in high school who was in a wheelchair because he had a disease where you have no calcium in his bones. He was a straight A student and decided he wanted to tutor me in maths because i struggle with dyslexia. Now he runs a disabled Sports Club and is training to be a maths teacher.
1 mo
What im trying to say is just because these people are ill ir disabled doesn't take away their choice to be a good person and it's actually very patronising to assume just because someone is in pain doesn't make them capable of being a bad person.
2
2