Do you agree that society has turned the word "sexy" into a degrading term?

Anonymous
It feels to me like before like since the dawn of time and until around 2013 a. d. being sexy especially for women was a goal. Men and women alike were always portrayed in movies and magazines and all sorts of media as sexy as possible. From the revealing clothing to the over the top dialogue.

But now if someone does that he's called all kinds if things "sexist" "objectifying women" "supporting the patriarchy of men"

Why did it become this way? Why can't we accept that being sexy is a good thing and not a bad one?
1 mo
Maybe I was slightly misunderstood. I'm not saying I have a problem with catcalling being frowned upon, it should be. I'm saying the term sexy as a descriptive word has become very hated. It's reflected in movies and magazines and videogames and any form of media. It's no longer "ok" to be sexy and I find that very wrong
27
56