Isn't forcing people to stay inside (and giving huge fines if they don't) due to Corona virus a violation of basic human rights?

emmily2396
I mean the right to have freedom and democracy. Where I live and in other countries you can only go out if you write on a paper why you left the house, where you live and so on. The reason must match a number of reasons the goverment considered to be justified. If you don't have the paper or have a tiny mistakes on it you are fined for more than the average salary (not the minimum...). Lots policemen make abuses and give fines for the smallest thing. You can't even go out at a local shop without risking a fine. Also, they closed the dentists' offices, women couldn't find a place to get an abortion anymore. They also want to force us to wear masks in public transportation (and other public places) where we don't have air conditioning for the whole summer... Of course, nobody asked us anything, though we are supposed to live under democracy...

I am not complaining they closed the unnecessary bussiness, but it feels like we are in home arrest. We have about 14k total confirmed cases and 850 deaths (most had serious illnesses...). The economy downfall and the isolation has affected way more people. We also have more cases of measles, but nobody talks about it. And you may say that less people die of measles, but mostly children are affected and they usually don't have other affections, so of course the mortality is lower. And the sad part is that they are probably going to do the same in autumn...
Yes, it is a violation in that case, and it is not acceptable
Vote A
Yes, it is a violation in that case, but is acceptable
Vote B
No, it is fine
Vote C
They should have asked the population first
Vote D
Other
Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Updates:
2 mo
The court decided there was a violation of human rights and the measures the officials took were unconstitutional. A similar thing happened in the Czech Republic I think.
Isn't forcing people to stay inside (and giving huge fines if they don't) due to Corona virus a violation of basic human rights?
Add Opinion