Are women or men swayed more to judge someone just because how they looks? Not for dating, but in general?

Anonymous
The stereotype is that men are more easily swayed to be nicer to an attractive women than vice versa. A pretty young girl is much more likely to be let off for a speeding ticket vs a guy who did the exact same thing (and treated the cop the exact same way).

But one thing I’ve noticed lately as I’ve gotten older (yeah I don’t look 24 anymore) is that women in public are generally much nastier to me for just saying “hello”. This isn’t just dating situations but talking to cashier at a grocery store or a barista. I also experienced some sexist bs at work a year ago. One of the young female employees (who I had zero interest in) was running her mouth and calling me a “creep” behind my back. She later got fired later for other reasons. But I never once did anything to antagonize her. That would of never happened when I was 24 whether I was interested in her or not.

I’ve met plenty of unattractive women in my life that I respected at work, school and sports. Some of them made me uncomfortable at times (they were flirty) but they never stepped over the line. I never said anything nasty about them. I even defended them if someone else did say something. I’m able to separate respect for what they can do vs. how they look. But if feel women struggle with this much more.
Women
Men
GirlGuy
1
2