I went garbage picking to clean up the neighborhood and this happened? Now I am discouraged and scared to do it, how can I stop feeling this way?

Anonymous
Short: Around 10pm Guys drove by in a car and threw something at me at high speed and kept circling back and forth until I went on my phone with my sister. 11pm I kept walking and almost got robbed and got followed. I walk at night all the time and never had anything like this happen. Last night when I decided to do the trash this happens. I'm honestly discouraged and worried. Still want to do it but dont know how.

Why: I went out late because I didn't want attention for what i was doing, simply for the good feeling it brings me and cleaning up. I'm already a person who gets stopped and looked at all the time, I want to continue doing this but in the day time with more people, I'm scared.

Long: Then I was in a little garden on the side walk picking up and putting away trash and kept seeing couple of guys walking behind me, they were very unsure of their movement. I had my phone sticking out of my back pocket (stupid I know) i finally turned around and stared. One of them says, you got a phone? I need to see it. I said why? He said, phone is lost... at this point his friend walks on the corner of the street to keep watch.. I said, i saw your friend with a phone... he said, he doesn't have data. I replied, what's the number, I'll dial it? Dialed the number, obviously it's fake. I walked away and they started following me. I went out into the side of the road towards traffic and went to a nearby store asap.. I went out to clean up, just because I was tired of seeing gloves, masks, bottles etc on the ground.. I do 12km walks everyday so I thought why mot bring gloves and a garbage back and pick up trash along. This is extremely discouraging and I want to go during day now but I'm worried about peoples actions.
1
2