Why does it seem like so many millennials are interested in talking about race these days?

Anonymous
I once was talking to a guy on the phone and I was talking about how beautiful Washington is, and I said, "There are some beautiful areas in Washington", to which the guy replied, "There are some what? You think there are beautiful ARYANS in Washington? Are you a Nazi?" I then corrected him and was like dude, I said AREAS, not ARYANS.
I've heard other people freak about race in college. I said something about how cool it would have been to have seen some movie in theaters that came out in 1940, and then some girl came down on me and talked about how it would have been a terrible experience because black people were treated poorly back then and would not have been allowed to see the film and sit near me.
My college was also filled with white "woke" folk who blew off their studies, smoked pot all day and then talked about how terrible white people are.
I'm just wondering where all of this is coming from. We learned about Civil rights in school but honestly, I don't want to go over it again.
3
0