Have you ever quit the social media for a while and did it make you happier?

Anonymous
I consider myself pretty addicted to the internet and (some) social media. So much so that I believe it has ruined my life to this point.
I spent hours online each day.
I am too lazy to do important work. It has ruined my self imagine seeing perfect people everywhere amd how much attention and fortune they get. I have become antisocial. I waisted years online, instead of going after my goals I watched others completing their life goals because it was easier to watch then do it myself. And feeling miserable after because I can never achieve these things, because of not enough money, or opportunities.

Basically, you don't live your life while watching others live a (seemingly) perfect life.
And when you feel bad about it you distract yourselve with the internet again to feel comfort but it doesn't bring you happiness.
I want to quit it all so badly. I feel like not being exposed to that all the time would make me more grounded and happier and able to focus on me and reality not some fake and fancy lifestyles.
But I always come back again and again. I feel addicted. It feels like I am missing something but all I am missing are useless information I don't really need.
Have you ever quit and did it make you feel better? More relieved?
19
11