Being summoned to court for reckless driving. Advice needed, do I need a solicitor?

Anonymous
I was in a car crash last August where I rear ended another vehicle. I saw his break lights come on and I tried to stop but my brake pedal wouldn’t go in , it was as if it was jammed. I panicked, my passengers were panicking and it wasn’t until I rear ended the other car that I thought to pull up the hand brake. Anyway fast forward to now, my car has been brought for test by the Gardaí and they got statements off everyone involved. Today a Gardaí knocked at the door with a court summons for next month. I’ve never been to court and I don’t do well with public speaking. It says that I am required to attend the said sitting and answer to the accusation, do I need a solicitor? What should I expect?
1
2