Why do some people claim the government should totally stay out of our lives while simultaneously relying on government and city services?

Anonymous
I don't get this one. I can think of about a half of a percent of people truly living off the grid where they take no government help, don't rely on any city services and literally make their own way in the world, but last time I checked the guy down the street yelling that the government needs to butt out, doesn't pave over the potholes in his neighborhood, and took a government loan when his house was destroyed during the last natural disaster.
4
3